How-to mix modstream with playlist ?

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
TheoOrl45
How-to mix modstream with playlist ?

Post by TheoOrl45 »

Hi,

Here is what I want to achieve, but with no luck...

Playlist are shared between server and local workstation. Using the pfremcmd program, when I want to launch a local show, I send the command for the modstream watcher to load onto a private shoutcast server to relay the local show. Into the local workstation I use the same playlist to fit what was originally scheduled. I don't stop the distant playlist in order to overtake the main distant playlist when local show is done.

For the first part, all is okay. But, when the show is done, I don't manage to make a perfect mix. When I tell the distant proppfrexx (with the pfremcmd use) to stop modstreamer, I want to stop the current track and playlist to wait the end of the modstream before to start playback of the next track in the playlist. But, with the stop modstream command, there is a fade out (whatever the "use fading" status). And the sequence...
  • PLS_CURRENT_AUTOPLAY_OFF
    PLS_CURRENT_EJECTNOFADE_CURRENT
    MODSTREAM_WATCHER_STOP
    PLS_CURRENT_AUTOPLAY_ON
...gives me wrong result because of the fade out of the modstream... The next track start before the end of the fade out and when playlist playback reachs the output, the next track is already start.... Mix is not beaufitul...

How can I do ?

NB : I don't want to use the "stop playlist" when Modstream is playing, because scheduled tracks will be regarded by the modstream stream, and when it will quit, I don't want to broadcast the same titles...

Is it clear ? I'm not sure :-/
Theo, from France.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: How-to mix modstream with playlist ?

Post by radio42 »

Your command "PLS_CURRENT_AUTOPLAY_ON" directly starts the playlist.
You might add a "SLEEP" command to wait a bit in between, like this:
PLS_CURRENT_AUTOPLAY_OFF
PLS_CURRENT_EJECTNOFADE_CURRENT
MODSTREAM_WATCHER_STOP
SLEEP 1500
PLS_CURRENT_AUTOPLAY_ON