Only for information...

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
TheoOrl45
Only for information...

Post by TheoOrl45 »

Bernd,

I spent lot of my evening reading posts for learning about functionalities provided by ProppFrexx ONAIR.

I was reading an old post (2010) and I would like to give you some information about one of your answer.

Here is your text :
"ProppFrexx can also handle those restriction! But that was not the point.
Farbo wanted to automatically recognize 'George Michael' being a former member of 'Wham' and as such recognize a track from 'Wham' being a duplicate if it follows a track of 'George Michael'.
And being honest, I have not even seen any of your mentioned professional schedulers being able to handle such Artist relationships automatically!"

By the way, RCS Selector does it, for quite some years. It can handle those kind of relationshops automatically. Defining "Artist" and "Artist Group", linking them, and configuring the correct rule will prevent scheluling process from scheduling Artist and Group artist too close.

Just for information :-)

Have a nice night.
Regards,

--
Theo
Theo, from France.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Only for information...

Post by radio42 »

In ProppFrexx you can define so called 'Cross Artist Checkes', meaning the Artist value is checked againest other standard meta data fields like Composer, Producer, AlbumArtist etc. If the Artist value is found in such Cross-Artist fields it is considered accordingly.
This is basically the same as you explained above for the 'Artist' and 'ArtistGroup' linking in RCS - but of course this doesn't happen automatically, you would have to tag the meta data accordingly yourself in that way.
Farbo
Re: Only for information...

Post by Farbo »

That´s the exact way how I do it today. :-)
Peter