m3u and commands

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
TheoOrl45
m3u and commands

Post by TheoOrl45 »

Hi Bernd,

I'm not sure it's possible but, when we use m3u playlist files (loaded into ProppFrexx automatically), is it possible to give some "commands" instead of a filename ?

Imagine I use an external scheduler, in which, I would like to put 2 soft start time : one at '00 and one at '30.
If I export my daily logs in m3u format, is there any way to tell ProppFrexx that at the beginning of the hourly playlist, it should be a specific start time, and also at '30 ?

Generally speaking, is there any way to control ProppFrexx using a m3u files to give it commands ?

For example, in mAirlist, I know we should use the "#mairlist " keyword before the command and mairlist translate this m3u text line with the appropriate command...

Furthermore, with Music1, does start time be controlled directly by music1 (exporting in proppfrexx format) or should I use a command ?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

--
Theo
Theo, from France.
TheoOrl45
Re: m3u and commands

Post by TheoOrl45 »

Ok. Thank you for the other very complete answer... As I use Music1 now, I should use the "proppfrexx Music1" log format instead of m3u...

Theo
Theo, from France.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: m3u and commands

Post by radio42 »

ProppFrexx doesn't support any special 'comment' line within a .m3u file, as this would not be complient with the .m3u file specifications!

However, ProppFrexx translates certain given filenames of a .m3u entry specifically:
If a filename starts with the prefix "OVERLAY:" or "SCRIPT:" or "ADVERT:" a special dynamic container entry will be created.
Please see my comments here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=701

In addition to the above, when using .m3u files with the Program Scheduler Import module (also see the above link for details on how to import an external scheduler log-file) the following additional filename prefixes are supported:
"MUS:", "AUD:", "COM:", "BRK:" - the remaining filename is takes as a regular filename.
"BRS:", "BRE:" - spot break marker start and end - all tracks inbetween might be used as a separate overlay group
"UPD:" - creates a TimeUpdateSync at the calculated start time (sum of the durations of all previous entries)
"CMD:" - the remaining filename will be translated to a 'OnPlaying' event control-command

As such there are no extra "commands" available to e.g. define a dedicated Soft- or Fixed-Start (FixTime-Element).

However, I doubt, that Music1 creates .m3u files in such specific format.
As such when working with Music1 it is really recommended to use the specific "ProppFrexx Music1" log-file format.
This format allows you to leverage all capabilities of Music1 and offers a seamless integration.