Select Placeholder in script rules

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
andrerotgans
Select Placeholder in script rules

Post by andrerotgans »

Hi Bernd,

I'm experimenting with the new script rules options, in order to get rid of the problem we've talked about in a former thread. I'm looking for the option to let the rule check wether a track is a placeholder or not. This to prevent a random jingle being scheduled after a placeholder(or before, for that matter)

Kind find it in media type or genre, so I've tried it with 'title starting with "placeholder"', but no success so far. What's the best way to check on this particular condition ?

Kind regards,

André

ps. the rules work perfect for selecting jingles/promos and preventing that problem !
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Select Placeholder in script rules

Post by radio42 »

I guess I have found the little 'hole in the wall' .
It'll be fixed in the next version - which is comming up soon!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Isn't the Placeholder in the list of Media Entry Types?
If not I must have forgotten to add it to the selection list within the filter rules (so in case I nedd to add it, I'll double check this).
As a workaround you might also add a rule to check, if the Filename property is empty, as a Placeholder is an element which does't have any Filename.
andrerotgans

Post by andrerotgans »

Hi Bernd,

Checked it, Placeholder is not in the list (see screenshot)

One other thing, in my topic-start-message I wrote that it works fine for eliminating jingles after promo's (my original question as you might remember. However, when I did some more testing it seems that is is not working all of the times. See screenshot two.
In scriptrules I created two rules to do this :

1. Media type equals jingle as previous track condition, media type equals promo as next track condition
2. Media type equals promo as previous track condition, media type equals jingle as next track condition

both rules are set to apply to Automatic Jingle, Automatic Advertising (in my case used to schedule the promo elements), Sequential, Random and Cardwall. Action is set to Supress.

Is this the right way to do it ? Can I (after a script is fired) somehow find out how rules are processed ?

Kind regards,

André
Attachments
Placeholder.png
Placeholder.png (47.59 KiB) Viewed 8816 times
Jingle after promo.png
Jingle after promo.png (4.72 KiB) Viewed 8816 times
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Are you probably using any FixTime Elements?
If yes, note, that the rules are not applied to any FTEs!
And are you sure, that the previous (Promo) resp. next track (Jingle) is definitly comming out of either a "Automatic Jingle, Automatic Advertising, Sequential, Random and Cardwall" script-line and not from any other script-line, e.g. a LoadTrack, Execute whatsoever script-line?

However, can you provide me with your exact script (e.g. send me your .pfs file) to test it here.
I am affraid, that there is no real way of testing the rules on your side with more details, as the complete checking depends on too many other factors which are not effectively 'debuggable' on your side.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Should now be fixed in v3.0.11.36!
andrerotgans

Post by andrerotgans »

Hi Bernd,

It took some time to find time to try out the new version. However, Proppfrexx still schedules placeholders and jingles adjecent to each other, as you can see in the screencaps.

Kind regards,

André
Attachments
Schermafdruk_11-03-13_09_23.png
Schermafdruk_11-03-13_09_23.png (6.32 KiB) Viewed 8765 times
Schermafdruk_11-03-13_09_03.png
Schermafdruk_11-03-13_09_03.png (8.2 KiB) Viewed 8765 times
andrerotgans

Post by andrerotgans »

Hi Bernd,

Six rules, al set to apply to Automatic Jingle, Automatic Advertising, Sequential, Random and Cardwall (standard settings) and I added Placeholder. Action is set to supress in all cases.
List of conditions (previous track condition vs next track condition, al set to "media type equals")

- Jingle - Promo
- Promo - Jingle
- Placeholder - Jingle
- Jingle - Placeholder
- Placeholder - Promo
- Promo - Placeholder

Checked it for a couple of times, can't seem to find anything in common when it's not working.

Kind regards,

André
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Can you please post me your exact definition of your Script-Rules...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Please try the new v3.0.11.37 - your issue should be fixed now!