Overlay Options!

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
bebo_saed
Overlay Options!

Post by bebo_saed »

Hello Bernd.

i want to ask about the advertising manager, i totally understand it and i'm using it very well, i want to make a technique for my playlist i want you to help me figuring it out

i will make a recorded segments show, that i record this segments in a day of the month, edit it to 30 segments, put it in on air so as to a segment for every day is played, each segment will be played 3 times / day, but when moving to the next day a new segment will be played also 3 times / day.

i want to create an AD Campaign, assign the segments for the times i want, and i will select the track it should play for the day, what i want that how it can chose automatically the next segment track in the next day without any manual interference? is that possible?

Hope that you help me on that.

Thanks
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Overlay Options!

Post by radio42 »

You might give your pre-recorded files a fixed name, e.g. "01.mp3" for the 1st day, "02.mp3" for the 2nd day etc.
And then have them asigned to your Campaigns accordingly. Meaning you would also need to define 30 fixed Campaigns, "01", "02" etc.
As such each campaign has exactly one fixed audio file assigned.
Then you might assign the campaigns to your 3 Advert Slots...
This is a one off assignment process.
Once all is assigned you might simply 'overwrite' your existing files.

Another option (which is maybe easier) would NOT use the Advert Management at all for this.
You might create 3 overlay entries within the Overlay Scheduler of ProppFrexx ONAIR.
For these overlay entries you might pick a dedicated 'Script' to be used with the entry for playout.
In the script you might then use a script-line to pick the dedicated files automatically per day.
E.g. you might use the 'LoadTrack' action and specify a dynamic filename by using macros within the filename as a script-line entry.
When using the "${dd}" macro it would be replaced by the day of the month (01..31).
Example:
A 'LoadTrack' action with the 'Entry' "C:\Folder\${dd}.mp3" would be resolved to "C:\Folder\07.mp3" if you have a date 07.03.2013 when the script is executed.
This would also allow you an easy and dynamic picking of files for any certain day.
The same (replacement of macros) would also apply to the following script-line actions:
- LoadFolder
- Container
- LoadPlaylist
bebo_saed

Post by bebo_saed »

Thank you bernd,

Can this macro be used also in the advertising manager i hope it can as I've created my spots in a way that i can't have a space for any more overlays to add in or else i'll lose my overlays spots as advertising slots in favor of making it for those segments and i want to be ready just in case i had an AD sponsor to those segments.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

bebo_saed wrote:Can this macro be used also in the advertising manager
Depends where you would like to use them - but typically they should be!
So where exactly do you want to use the macros within the advertising manager?
bebo_saed

Post by bebo_saed »

i want to set them in the import audio track section , unfortunatly i can't edit the directory for them, put if i could i will set the advertising campaing to take a new file but it's date everyday as if i write it in a script
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The audio tracks of a Campaign must be imported directly, so there are of course no macros available.
As said above, you might use fixed filenames instead.