Planning, jingles, and central servers

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
DennisdeWit
Planning, jingles, and central servers

Post by DennisdeWit »

Dear ProppFrexx,

I was playing with ProppFrexx, and it fits very well. But I have some questions.

* One of my syndicated shows (on .mp3) starts at Saturday 21.00. How to add this show as being an 'event', starting on that time? Should I make a script or so? Or is there an easier way?

* I used AutoPlay with a Media Library at Random. But I need an option to make a sort of planning or clock:
o Music
o Music
o Music
o Jingle
o Music
o Music
o Jingle
o Music

Is there a way to do this in ProppFrexx?

The last question: I like the voicetracking function. How to setup one server as 'Central Server' and connect another instance of ProppFrexx remotely to that CS?

Thanks,
Dennis
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Planning, jingles, and central servers

Post by radio42 »

Hi Dennis,

yes using the Program Scheduler together with Scripts is the right way to do it.
See here for details: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10

E.g. for the syndicated show you might create a recurring program scheduler entry using a script containing a script line which e.g. uses the 'LoadTrack' action in it.

With respect to regular planning of programs you might create other program scheduler entries using other scripts.
These scripts might contain multiple script-lines, which 'describe' your program/clock.
E.g. you might use various different media libraries to differentiate differnt music entries or use the 'Filter' option for each script-line, which allows you to specify criteria conditions when using only one main media library (to pick only certain tracks out of it).

Regarging VoiceTracking:
What do you mean by 'connect another instance of ProppFrexx remotely '?
How remote should they be? Within the same local network or even connected remotely only through the internet.
When connected remotely only through the internet, note that it might be challanging to access your central media libraries resp. the underlying physical audio files.
However, you might use the provided Media Library Server (located in the installation folder), which allows even remote transfer of the physical audio files to your remote site.
Bute note, that this might take some time, if the remote client is only connected via a slow network.