EXEC_SHELL_COMMAND not working ?

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
TheoOrl45
EXEC_SHELL_COMMAND not working ?

Post by TheoOrl45 »

Hi Bernd,

I'm trying to customize my userX command and I want to use the EXEC_SHELL_COMMAND instructions.
But, it doesn't work.

Into the "Events/commands" pane, I put "EXEC_SHELL_COMMAND notepad" (for test) for the OnUser1 event... Nothing appears.
On the other side, if I replace this command by a "SHOW_ALERT_WINDOW test|test" command, it works fine. Is there any problem with the EXEC_SHELL_COMMAND command ?
For information, I also tried "EXEC_SHELL_COMMAND_SYNC", but no more good results :-(

--
Theo
Theo, from France.
TheoOrl45
Re: EXEC_SHELL_COMMAND not working ?

Post by TheoOrl45 »

Strange...
If I use the "edit" button for giving the command into the OnUser1 event, it works. But if I write it by myself, it doesn't work...
Quite strange... :-/
Theo, from France.
TheoOrl45

Post by TheoOrl45 »

Bernd,

I'm trying to automate the "PLAYLIST_IMPORT" command but I don't know the syntax to give several options...
I understood that all parameters are delimited by a "|" character. But, how should I do to specify the "import option" parameter regarding the fact that I would like to set several values (example : RenameLogFileWhenDone and SkipExistingPrograms) ?

Regards,
Theo, from France.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I guess you mean the "PROGRAM_IMPORT" command (as there is no PLAYLIST_IMPORT command)?!

The syntax is the following (all parameters are the same as when manually added via the import dialog):

Code: Select all

PROGRAM_IMPORT format[|logFilename|trackBaseFolder|options|splitOption|separateProgramAndOverlay|playlistOutputFolder]
format: the import format name to use
logFilename: the path and filename of the log-file to import
trackBaseFolder: the folder containing the audio tracks (multiple values are separated by semicolons ';')
options: the import options to use (multiple values are separated by commas ',')
splitOption: to create separate scheduler entries
separateProgramAndOverlay: how to handle spot break groups
playlistOutputFolder: the folder where the resulting playlist files should be created

Here is an example:

PROGRAM_IMPORT Music1 ProppFrexx|log_20130314|C:\Music1;C:\Music2|RenameLogFileWhenDone,SkipExistingPrograms|Consecutive|EmbeddedContainer|C:\Playlists
TheoOrl45

Post by TheoOrl45 »

Yes, I knew the syntax of the command (I said PLAYLIST_IMPORT from memory, sorry :-) )

It was the delimiter for "options" that I didn't know. I see it's a comma. Thank you :-)
Theo, from France.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Maybe just a typo when you edit it manually - I just tried it here manually and it worked just fine.
Make sure that:
- there is no space at the beginning or end
- there is no other character before the EXEC_SHELL_COMMAND_SYNC
- there is a space between the command and the parameter

EXEC_SHELL_COMMAND_SYNC notepad
TheoOrl45

Post by TheoOrl45 »

Hi Bernd,

It seems I've a new problem with the PROGRAM_IMPORT command (called with the pfremcmd program).

Here is my command, for launching the next day music1 log :

PROGRAM_IMPORT Music1 ProppFrexx|U:\*[DATE:{${now}}:{days}:{1}:{yyyyMMdd}].tab|D:\_RADIO@HOME\|SkipInvalidItems,RenameLogFileWhenDone|None|Consecutive|EmbeddedContainer|C:\Users\GIOTHEO8\AppData\Roaming\radio42\ProppFrexx ONAIR\3.0\Music1 ProppFrexx
This command works fine when called manually. But, when I use it into a text file, and launch with...

pfremcmd -h=127.0.0.1 -p=8052 -a=theo -f="D:\_RADIO@HOME\#HOME\ADMINISTRATION\test.txt"
...I've got an error :
PROGRAM_IMPORT

ERROR : L'accès au chemin d'accès 'EmbeddedContainer' est refusé.
(Sorry, it's the french error).
EmbeddedContainer access is denied... Why does it mean ? why it works when called from third program (mine using TCP messages) ?
Theo, from France.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Can you please show me the content of your file "D:\_RADIO@HOME\#HOME\ADMINISTRATION\test.txt"
TheoOrl45

Post by TheoOrl45 »

This is the first command I gave you within my previous post...
Theo, from France.
TheoOrl45

Post by TheoOrl45 »

Sorry, it's an error of mine...

PROGRAM_IMPORT Music1 ProppFrexx|U:\*[DATE:{${now}}:{days}:{1}:{yyyyMMdd}].tab|D:\_RADIO@HOME\|SkipInvalidItems,RenameLogFileWhenDone|None|Consecutive|EmbeddedContainer|C:\Users\GIOTHEO8\AppData\Roaming\radio42\ProppFrexx ONAIR\3.0\Music1 ProppFrexx
I put a wrong parameter (2 parameters for the "splitoptions" : None and Consecutive...). It works now if I put the right number of parameters (Only the Consecutive)...

Sorry for disturbing, for this error from I.
Theo, from France.