Supress Filter Bug?

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
bebo_saed
Supress Filter Bug?

Post by bebo_saed »

Hello Bernd,

I've noticed something strange since i've last updated PFOA, I've set the suppress filter for overlays to eject station promos when an overlay plays, it was working fine before i last updated PFOA, it now does not eject the promos and i make sure that all the settings are right, i've checked promos to be suppressed form settings and i've checked apply suppress filter at the overlay it self and what i noticed but i'm not sure that it eject songs!!! is that a bug? or am i wrong at something?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Supress Filter Bug?

Post by radio42 »

Nothing was changed in that respect with the latest updates...so it might be related to your settings?
Can you please post all your related settings and details to check these...
bebo_saed

Post by bebo_saed »

i've made my advert slots by the advert pattern wizard and I've checked the suppress filter option on, show in advance 90 seconds with soft start and waiting time 300 sec., also i've selected jingles for the suppress filter in the settings in script/scheduler tap, also my content is tagged right so as my promos are tagged as jingles, what i get is when the overlay player appear it only ejects the next track in the playlist, regardless it's type wither a song of a jingle, that came up after updating to the latest version of PFOA, maybe its irrelevant but that's what happened!!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

When you selected the "SupressFilter" option, this actually means, that it should suppress the filter! Meaning it is NOT evaluating any filter!
Is that what you wanted?
So if you want, that the filter is being used (as defined in the Script/Scheduler settings) make sure the 'Supress Filter' option is NOT selected with the overlay entry!
bebo_saed

Post by bebo_saed »

Ok i've noticed a thing, first ive checked all the options, and what i want is that when an overlay starts if there a jingle in the playlist it ejects from the player and be deleted from the playlist, i noticed that when the jingle is ejected from the player it does not be deleted from the playlist, so it re-queued in the playlist, so the jingles pile up in the playlist, unlike what was happening before the last update, how to restore that option that when a jingle is suppressed it be deleted from the playlist?
bebo_saed

Post by bebo_saed »

Any Suggestions?!

Thanks Bernd...
bebo_saed

Post by bebo_saed »

Thx Bernd for your concern i'll test the new version, hope that i have helped in killing a bug ;)
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I am still evaluating your issue, trying to find the cause of your issue - but I guess I have already found it...just need a bit more testing here to be sure!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

It is fixed in v3.0.11.44!