Music over overlay and Explorer window is gone

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
mart3223
Re: Music over overlay and Explorer window is gone

Post by mart3223 »

Hai Bernd,

Update didn't solve the problem. I will try some other things to solve it. Maybe I do something wrong, can you tell me how I can make the best a overlay with:

Commercial break, with 2 or 3 commercials (depend of the campaigns)
Newsscript starting at the top of the hour

Is it better to make 2 overlay's one for the commercials and one for the news? Commercials starting at 00.58 and the news fixed at 01.00. Or can i combine those to?
Radio Aa en Hunze - Twaalf hunebedden één geluid
www.radioaaenhunze.nl - Phone studio +31 (0)592 70 30 30
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Music over overlay and Explorer window is gone

Post by radio42 »

I would suggest you use 2 separate overlay entries (one for the commercials and one for the news).

Commercials
- Use the Start Type "EndsAt" and an End Time of e.g. "15:00:00"
- Keep the 'Suspend Program' option checked!
- Set the 'Show' (in advance) option to e.g. 180 sec. to reflect the approx. maximum commercial duration

News:
- Use the Start Type "Soft" and a Start Time of e.g. "15:00:00"
- Keep the 'Suspend Program' option checked!
- Set the 'Show' (in advance) option to e.g. 180 sec. to reflect the approx. maximum commercial duration

(Note, both overlay entries have the same time "15:00:00", but for the commercials this is the 'EndsAt' time!)
And finally you might want to enable the 'Combine Parallel Overlays' option within the general settings, section 'Scripts/Scheduler'.

What should now happen is the following:
At around 180sec. before 15:00:00 (meaning at around 14:57:00) the overlay player will popup and waiting until its final start time - depending on the commercials scheduled.
E.g. if you scheduled 120 sec. commercials, it will wait for 60 sec.
Then when it is time (e.g. at 14:58:00) it will start playing the commercials, so that they end at 15:00:00.
But (while the commercials are already playing) at around 14:59:00 the 'News' are scheduled (see the 60 sec. show in advance settings).
As such, the overlay player window title will display a "... + 1 waiting" text!
This means there is one more overlay entry being queued up following the currently playing commercial overlay.
That's the reason, why you can safely set the News Start Type to 'Soft', as it will now start right after the 'Commercials'.