Detect Silence with random tracks

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Zidago
Detect Silence with random tracks

Post by Zidago »

Hi Bernd,

Currently under the application command of Detect Silence I have these commands set in:

PLS_CURRENT_AUTOPLAYLIST_SET /Music
PLS_CURRENT_AUTOPLAYRANDOM_ON
PLS_CURRENT_AUTOPLAY_ON

What I am after is somehow having random Station Ids and other files played throughout the times when the automatic playlist is running not using the scheduler. Is that possible? Or how could I use it with the scheduler?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Detect Silence with random tracks

Post by radio42 »

You can do this by using the scheduler resp. a script.
To use the program scheduler see here for details:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10

If you want to start a script without the scheduler you might use the PROGRAM_STARTSCRIPT command.

However, I am not really sure what exactly you want to achieve and why you use the detect silence feature. So there might be other alternatives.
Zidago

Post by Zidago »

Allow me to explain.
At the radio station we have gaps of time when there is no announcer on air to schedule the show properly. What we do is set up the detect silence to kick in the commands I have already listed. This means that the last person on air walks out of the studio at night and after the amount of time we have set up of silence occurs, the playlist gets set to automatic. Unfortunately it only plays music only. How can I get it to dump random Station IDs and other audio files into what is already being loaded?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Okay, so your announcer (DJ) is just leaving the studio without taking further care... I understand.
As explained, only a script can take care of propper scheduling of station ids etc. Meaning you can not use the above statement.
As such you must start a script. This can be done either by the above explained PROGRAM_STARTCRIPT command or you might start the Program Scheduler with the resp. command.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Note, that with the new v3.0.12.5 the PLS_CURRENT_AUTOPLAYLIST_SET command was enhanced.
It can now also be used to set a script for auto play.
Just prepend the parameter with the "SCRIPT:" keyword followed by the name of the script.
Example:
PLS_CURRENT_AUTOPLAYLIST_SET script:myscriptname