Media Library Server : where to set default media type

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
andrerotgans
Media Library Server : where to set default media type

Post by andrerotgans »

Hi Bernd,

Two questions regarding the use of the Media Library Server. I use it on a W2012 server, connecting to it by a W7 machine which has PF installed.
I've added several folder based libraries. No problem, but I can't seem to find out where to set the default media type for that particular library. In de MLS I can't find that option, in PF it's greyed out (which is logical, because it's a remote library)

The library itself is working fine, no problem at all. But due to the fact that I'd like to use media type based scripting i.e, I was wondering where to set it.

Also : if I select Auto Watch within MLS, it's not stored to that library. When I deselect that library and select it again, the auto watch is deselected. Also the info screen tells me that it's nog enabled.

Kind regards,

André
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Media Library Server : where to set default media type

Post by radio42 »

The Media Library Server doesn't support that feature yet - as it currently expects all media types to be set with the meta data of the tracks.
I'll see, if I might add that feature to a next version...
andrerotgans

Post by andrerotgans »

Ok, I'll try and fix that in the meta data. No problem. But I still don't get the Auto Watch option ?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The MLS was enhanced to now also support a Default Media Entry Type with its media libraries.
Make sure to always use the latest version of the MLS together with the latest version of ProppFexx ONAIR.

Also note, that a few bugs have been fixed when working with remote media libraries within v3.0.12.5 !