Exclude songtitles

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Barfeet2013
Exclude songtitles

Post by Barfeet2013 »

In my scripts which I use as the base of my playlists are cardwall items like jingles and programme items. I want to exclude these from titlestreaming on the website.
I can exclude all media types but not the Cardwall items. Am I doing something wrong here? :?

Thanks in advance
Dj Barfeet
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Exclude songtitles

Post by radio42 »

The ''Cardwall' action within a script is pretty much the same as the 'Random' action.
It simply selects a certain track from a library. In this case a cardwall library instead of a media library.
As such a cardwall library is basically the same as a media library.
Like a media library, a cardwall library is also 'just' a collection of tracks - each track has its own 'Media Entry Type'.
(so do not mix cardwall vs. media library and the 'Media Entry Type' assigned to a track within any library)
Effectively any track in the media as well as in the cardwall library can have the same or different 'Media Entry Type' assigned.

However, you have 2 options to suppress the SongTitleUpdates:

1) based on the 'Media Entry Type': see general settings, section 'Streaming' - 'Exclude from Title Update':
Select all the media entry types for which streaming title updates should NOT be executed.
Note: For excluded media entry types the initial streaming song title (as defined per streaming server) is used and if this is empty no title update is performed.
Click on the 'Song Title' button to define individual song titles per media type in case you selected the 'Use MediaType for excluded Tracks' in the above streaming options.
So, it doesn't matter from which library (media or cardwall) a track is coming from...simply the tracks 'Media Entry Type' defines, if a track updates the streaming Song-Title or not.

2) Supress certain Script-Lines in general:
Within the Script-Editor you'll find the column 'Options'.
If you select the option 'SupressSongTitleUpdate' - any track resulting from this script-line will (regardless of his media entry type) be suppressed!

As such, in your case, I guess the 2) options is the one you want.
Barfeet2013
Re: Exclude songtitles

Post by Barfeet2013 »

Thanks Bernd, indeed the 2nd option is the one I need!