Automatic TOTH

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Soulmaster
Automatic TOTH

Post by Soulmaster »

I got a question where i can't find the anwser for :(

I made a schedulerr for de night/morning/afternoon/evenening. But now there must be evere hour a top of the hour with a jingle, news, jingle. How to do this.

btw.

proppfrexx rules
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Automatic TOTH

Post by radio42 »

Please take a look here (using the Overlay Scheduler to do so):
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=31

Also check the new v3.0.12.5 -which allows you to define Overlay Opener/Closer Tracks, which will make it even more easy to define sequences like Jingle, TOTH, News, Jingle.
E.g. create a .pfp playlist file containing the entries for 'Jingle' and 'TOTH' and us this as the Opener-Track and use a separate Jingle as the Closer-Track.
The resp. Overlay Entry itself might then 'play' the effective News - e.g. by using the integrated 'Advertising and News Manager'.
Soulmaster

Post by Soulmaster »

thnx
Soulmaster

Post by Soulmaster »

Great that works really perfect but.. after playing the toth there is 4 seconds of silence and then the playlist is starting again. Howto fix this?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

That depends how you defined the Overlay Scheduler Entry and the Program Scheduler entry.
How have you defined these two?!
Please post all the related settings.
Soulmaster

Post by Soulmaster »

this is what i did..

radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Thanks for that info, but that is the script you are using, but not the Overlay Scheduler entry resp. the related Program Scheduler entry (I was asking for).

I assume, that you have used the Program Scheduler to define your program ;-)
I.e. these Program Scheduler entries start new playlist windows and use a certain 'Script' being running for that playlist window.

Now I assume, that you have also defined a new Overlay Scheduler entry.
Here you should use the Start Type "Fixed" and specify the Type "Script" and use the above Script as the 'Playing' entry for this overlay.

However, all this might be okay and your issue might actually simply be that the audio tracks you are using (e.g. your Jingles) do have a 4 second silence at the end and you didn't define any Cue-points (at least In and Out) with them?
Soulmaster

Post by Soulmaster »

schedule is oke but still i got those moments of silence between the jingle / news / jingle / playlist.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Does your Track contain such silence at the end? Did you set the cue points correctly?
Soulmaster

Post by Soulmaster »

fixed it. there are 3 updates a day so what i do is 3 times a day reset the cue points.. now it's working perfect :) thnx