How to set ONAIR to broadcast for 1 hour, Once per week?

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
RedPanda
How to set ONAIR to broadcast for 1 hour, Once per week?

Post by RedPanda »

Ok, I do a one hour show, once a week at the same time on the same day very week.

How can I set up ONAIR so that if I'm not home, the software will start a stream, then start a playlist at a desired time, run for one hour (durration of playlist), record it, then end playlist, stop recording, turn off streamer.

(The playlist could be pre-made by me, or even set to let ONAIR pick the music randomly)

Is this possible? I've tried finding info on how to do this but I can't. Please help me. Thanks.
Females use radio software too!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: How to set ONAIR to broadcast for 1 hour, Once per week?

Post by radio42 »

To schedule a certain playlist at a certain time you can use the Program Scheduler:
For details see here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10

E.g. create a program scheduler entry and assign a script to it for the desired time and specify a duration of 1 hour and a weekly recurrence.
In addition make sure to NOT set the 'Continuous Mode' option within the general settings, section Scripts/Scheduler.
When the 'Continuous Mode' option is inactive, any program scheduler entry only runs for the time it is defined (else it would run continuously until the next program is started).

This will already start and stop the desired and given 'Script' (assigned to the Program) at your given time.

Now you need to also start and stop the Streaming-Server as well as your recording (I am not sure, what you want to record...but I assume you want to simply start recording a certain mixer channel).
In order to do this, note that you can assign 'Control-Commands' to the above Program Scheduler entry (click on the 'Control-Commands...' to do so and use the On Program Starting resp. On Program Stopped events). These allow you to trigger the recording as well as the streaming.
The needed control-commands are (see User Manual for details):

a) STREAMING_SERVER_START servername
(replace the servername with the name of your server) or use the STREAMING_SERVER_START_ALL command.
To stop it at the end use: STREAMING_SERVER_STOP servername
or STREAMING_SERVER_STOP_ALL

b) MIXER_OUTPUT_REC_ON mixername
(replace the mixername with the name of your mixer channel)
To stop it at the end use: MIXER_OUTPUT_REC_OFF mixername
RedPanda

Post by RedPanda »

Thanks!

Yes, I was just going to record the audio being sent to the streamer so I could make a local backup in order to check the program after.

And just to clarify for "STREAMING_SERVER_START servername" The server name is the one I gave it in ONAIR's streaming server config box on the first line called 'Name" ?
Females use radio software too!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

And just to clarify for "STREAMING_SERVER_START servername" The server name is the one I gave it in ONAIR's streaming server config box on the first line called 'Name" ?
Yes exactly.
But if you have anyhow only one configured you might also use STREAMING_SERVER_START_ALL/STREAMING_SERVER_STOP_ALL (which do not take any parameter).