Questions about Cardwall & Breakaway Live

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
RedPanda
Questions about Cardwall & Breakaway Live

Post by RedPanda »

Hello,

I have 2 questions.

1.) I have a programmable USB keypad that I programed some of the ONAIR F keys to. Is there a way to assign any of the cardwall cards to this?

2.) Is it possible to use Breakaway Live with ONAIR? If so how do you suggest we set it up to work nice with ONAIR. Breakaway is pretty simple to set up and it has an ASIO driver. Would I be able to use that with my other ASIO driver I'm using for my USB mixer?

Hope this is enough info, if not I'll give more for what you ask.

Thanks.
Females use radio software too!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Questions about Cardwall & Breakaway Live

Post by radio42 »

1.)
Yes, you can map any key event to any control-command.
To do so go to the general settings, section 'GPIO/Remoting' and then enable the 'Keyboard Hotkey Mapping' and click on the flash icon to define a keyboard mapping.
You might use any control-command with it, e.g. use the CW1_PLAY_CART command...

2.)
Yes, Breakaway should act as a soundcard device like any other...as such it can be used with ProppFrexx to define a mixer inout or output channel...
RedPanda

Post by RedPanda »

Ok then,

For #1 I need to program the CW1_PLAY_CART command into the USB keypad as well so ONAIR recognizes it after its set up in the ONAIR options? (The USB Keypad is blank and is capable of programing any keys/macros to it)

For #2 Is it possible to have 2 output channels on the ONAIR mixer so one will go through processed breakaway to a stream, and another output channel to go to another stream unprocessed? (Currently I send the INP channel to the streamers, due to the external mixer and mic coming back into the PC)
Dolkis

Post by Dolkis »

If you want help to setup PF with Breakaway Live I can help you =)

My setup is USB soundcard, 2 inputs, 2 brakeaway live running and its all working fine! =)

Just PM me here with you skype and Ill help you =)
www.soundicradio.com - Dance Pop Top 40
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

#1)
No. I assume, that you can program the keypad to send any arbitrary key code to an application.
As such, yes, you might need to assign a user defined key code to your key pad..
Within PF you then map this key code to a control-command (CW1_PLAY_CART ). So the command is only assigned to the mapping within PF, but not your keypad

#2)
Sure!
You can for example use the 'Copy To/Route To' option within the mixer channel configuration dialog to 'clone' a copy of a channel to another one.
RedPanda

Post by RedPanda »

Thanks Bernd!
and thanks Dolkis.
RedPanda

Post by RedPanda »

In order to get this right (I think) I had to make 2 new mixer channels. 1 Input and one output, and rout the output to breakaway from another channel being fed from the main INP and then send it back to a channel from breakaway so I can monitor it either processed or unprocessed. It was one hell of a job. Very confusing. It seems to work now as I can do what I wanted. Not sure if it's ideal.