Control Command for changing CW1 / CW2

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
andrerotgans
Control Command for changing CW1 / CW2

Post by andrerotgans »

Hi Bernd,

We would like to use our X-Keys to change between CW1 and CW2. However, I can't find a control command to do this. Is it possible or can you only change between them in the GUI ?
Also, would it be possible to change the behavior of the CW players ? When changing from CW1 to CW2 the current playing cart stops playing. It would be nice if it keeps playing on. I'm aware of the limitations when using it this way, as it is of course not possible to stop of fade the current playing cart when on the 'other' CW.

Kind regards.

André
andrerotgans
Re: Control Command for changing CW1 / CW2

Post by andrerotgans »

X-Keys are those fancy looking USB external keyboards (http://www.piengineering.com/xkeys.php)
Works very nice combined with PFOA.
The main_show-cartwall1 was indeed the command I was looking for, thanks. Totally looked over that one when checking them out.
The toggle options looks nice, I'll implement that one as well !

I mend the shortcut within the card wall, sorry about that. When switching between them, play out of the cart will stop.

André
andrerotgans

Post by andrerotgans »

Ok, thanks, I'm going to adjust a workflow !
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

What are "your X-Keys"?

Note, that you can show the Cartwall I or II with the MAIN_SHOW_CARTWALL1 resp. MAIN_SHOW_CARTWALL2 command.

Also note, that you can use the following to 'save' a state yourself and as such implement a toggle based on that state:
Use the EXEC_VAR_SET command to set a value to state variable. E.g. "EXEC_VAR_SET CwState|1" will set the user variable with the name 'CwState' to a value of '1'.
To retrieve and evaluate such user variable you might the ${VAR:CwState} macro.
In combination with the conditional command EXEC_COMMAND2 you might implement something like this:
EXEC_COMMAND2 ${VAR:CwState}|Equals(1)|MAIN_SHOW_CARTWALL2${CRLF}EXEC_VAR_SET CwState|2
EXEC_COMMAND2 ${VAR:CwState}|Equals(2)|MAIN_SHOW_CARTWALL1${CRLF}EXEC_VAR_SET CwState|1

Switching between CW1 and CW2 does NOT stop any currently playing cart!
So are you effectively talking about the two Cartwalls or are you talking about the 4 shortcuts within the same cartwall?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No, the shortcuts of each cartwall itself change the carts contained in that cartwall - and as such there is no way keep a current cart playing when you toggle it.