Close PlaylistAfterStop doesn't work

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
XTended
Close PlaylistAfterStop doesn't work

Post by XTended »

Hi,

We generate automatic playlists for our autodeejay at moments we aren't broadcasting live.
The scheduling is every hour, so every hour there will be a new generated playlist.
When its time to broadcast live the dj is putting his songs into a new empty playlist.
And all generated playlists broadcasted by the autodeejay are still there.
Question: is there a way to delete the old playlists automatic?
Cause within "the Settings and Options" -> "Scripts / Scheduler"-> "Scheduler Stop Options", option "ClosePlaylistAfterStop" doesn't work...

Who can help me with this issue?

Greetz,
Bert
XTended
Re: Close PlaylistAfterStop doesn't work

Post by XTended »

Hi Bernd,

I was hoping it could also automatic without clicking manually on the green 'Run Scheduler' ribbon icon. OK...
In't it possible to use a control command within Program Editor ->Program Control Commands -> On Program Stopping: PLS_CURRENT_CLOSE ?

Bert
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The "ClosePlaylistAfterStop" action with the "Scheduler Stop Options" actually applies when you manually stop the scheduler (as the name suggests) - i.e. you click on the green 'Run Scheduler' ribbon icon.
Are you doing this?

I just made a quick test here and it works as expected:
0) no playlist window was open
1) I started the scheduler (I clicked on the gray 'Run Scheduler' ribbon icon)
2) a new program started and opened a new playlist window, as scheduled...
3) I let the program run for a while...
4) I manually opened a new and empty playlist
5) at this moment there have been 2 playlist windows open (the scheduler one and the empty one)
6) I stopped the scheduler (I clicked on the green 'Run Scheduler' ribbon icon)
7) ... the scheduler was stopped and as expected the scheduler related playlist window was closed
8) as such only the manually opened playlist window was left open
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

You can automatically Stop the Scheduler - actually via the scheduler itself ;-)
E.g. create a 'Reminder' (right-click on the scheduler and select 'Add Reminder...').
A reminder might be used to just execute a control-command (if no user action is selected with it), as such you can assign the PROGRAM_SCHEDULER_OFF command to it.
This command will stop the scheduler and as such automatically close any scheduled playlist.

As an alternative you might also assign the PROGRAM_SCHEDULER_OFF command with the last regular program scheduler entry. Click on the 'Control-Commands...' button in the program scheduler entry edit Dialog and assign the command to the 'On Program Stopped' event.

Note, that in the general Settings (section Scripts/Scheduler) you might even specify, that Reminders are triggered in any case (regardless of the 'Run Scheuler' state).