Fire off script with keyboard-event

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
andrerotgans
Fire off script with keyboard-event

Post by andrerotgans »

Hi Bernd,

First of all : best wishes for 2014 !
Then, I think I'm just a little bit foggy from new years eve, but I'm trying to fire off a script from a keyboard event. Can't find a 'execute script' a-like control command. And, important, it's not a script which have to be executed in a playlist. I'll use that script to fire of certain commands, I'll find that a little bit clear than using a long line with several different commands in a control command line.

Kind regards,

André
andrerotgans
Re: Fire off script with keyboard-event

Post by andrerotgans »

Hi Bernd

I know I can execute multiple commands at once, just trying somethings out to see if I want to organize it in a certain way. Maybe I want to do more than just commands, I'm not sure yet. So, just looking into a way to use a script for that. But as it's a long way around as you already mentioned, I'll stick to the original way.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Fire off script with keyboard-event

Post by radio42 »

If it is just commands...why don't you fire them directly (note, that you can 'fire' multiple commands at once, by simply separating them in different lines - each line equals one command).
What is a script needed for?

A script basically defines what tracks to schedule for a playlist. That related command would be: PROGRAM_STARTSCRIPT
But that can not be used to fire a script.
Else try using: EXEC_COMMAND_FILE