Smoother search

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
grebda
Smoother search

Post by grebda »

Hi Brand,

Would like it to some update, where it Would Be smoother search! Maybe I'll write That letter now and pop songs from the letters, because the When you have so many songs in the database program is a problem for a long time looking for songs. thanks.Sorry for my bad english !
SORRY FOR MY VERY BAD ENGLISH !! :-( :-(
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Smoother search

Post by radio42 »

Can you explain in a bit more detail what you mean by 'smoother'?
As I am not sure if I fully understand your request.
grebda

Post by grebda »

Hello, I search if I write songs in a letter to immediately seek the songs and I did not give the "Enter".
SORRY FOR MY VERY BAD ENGLISH !! :-( :-(
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I guess an immediate search is not really feasable especially with lots of media entries.
TheoOrl45

Post by TheoOrl45 »

I think it is, but you have to update an index of all the track titles... It would be more efficient to search indexed data within a database instead of searching into real files...
Theo, from France.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

ProppFrexx doesn't use any database index. ProppFrexx loads all media entries into memory.
Also note, that a standard (simple) search carries out a 'contains' match and not a 'starts with' match.

However, think of having a media lib with around 100.000 entries...and you type in 'a'.
That might match 80% of your entries...resulting in the need to display 80.000 entries.
Then you type 'u'...which might match to lets say 20.000 entries.
etc.
Such displaying of any intermediate results would simply slow down the search a lot - which I gues is not really what you want.
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

Bernd, how to avoid ProppFrexx loads all media entries into memory? Or there is no other way?
Peter
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

There is no other way...except using the 'Media Library Server' - as then the media libs are loaded into memory on that server and ProppFrexx ONAIR might then use so called 'Remote media Libs' by which the media libs are accessed in real-time from that remote media library server.