UAC enterprise / professional

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
jbmusic
UAC enterprise / professional

Post by jbmusic »

Hi Bernd,
after purchasing the professional version i discovered that we are not able to use the UAC function. This in only allowed in the Enterprise version. This is pitty there we have bought the enterprise version for the playout server (extra with the advertisement part) but the live assist system is licenced with Professional and there we are not able to give the DJ's roles to avoid any problems according configuration etc.
Is there a way around to get the UAC option in the professional version?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: UAC enterprise / professional

Post by radio42 »

The editions can always be compared here:
http://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/editions.html

No, the only way to use UAC is to upgrade to the Enterprise Edition; which is anyhow only the delta of the two license prices.
If you want to upgrade your Professional license, please mail me your current registration data and I'll send you a dedicated PayPal request.
jbmusic

Post by jbmusic »

Thats a pitty... we only would like to use the UAC option.. we dont use advertisment module etc. during live assist...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I understand your point, but in the end every user wants to use the application slightly different. Therefore I have defined a clear differentiation between the editions, and this was never changed.
It would be by the way even unfair to all existing customers to change this now. I guess you understand these points as well.
Also note, that you even get a lot of other useful features with the Enterprise Edition, like Remote Media Library support or Remote Voice-Tracking.
jbmusic

Post by jbmusic »

Hi Bernd
Don’t get me wrong...
Of course I understand your explanation, but from my point of view this opinion should be a basic function for the professional version. As I see this as a basic option for professional users in a studio envoiremt where you don’t want to have the possibility that a dj would change the settings.
The option you mention in the enterprise version are great but for a small station like ours we will not use them
But once again from my point of view
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I can understand, that you don't want to 'pay' for a certain feature- I also often wish, that something comes for free or doesn't require a certain upgrade. But it is like it is and is part of my license policy.
I am anyhow one of the few, that even offer lifetime licenses and not yearly subscription based licenses. As my prices are very moderate, I guess all is very fair.
UAC is contained only in the Enterprise Edition and this will not be changed.
jbmusic

Post by jbmusic »

Dear Bernd,

I feel sorry that you expect that this has to do with "pay or not"..
At this moment we have 4 licence of Proppfrexx..
It's just an expectation of a function thats in or not...
Can you send me a instruction for the update?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Jan,

as said, what feature is in or out is and was always clearly outlined on the web-site:
http://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/editions.html

I'll send you a related PayPal request for the upgrade...

Many Greets,
Bernd