Sleep command

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Sleep command

Post by radio42 »

I provided a new v4.0.4.4-beta, in which I optimized the EXEC_ASYNC command.
In addition I added a new ASYNC command, which when used as the first command will make sure the subsequent commands are executed asynchronously. All should be none-blocking now. Eg. you can now use:

ASYNC
EXEC_SEND_MIDI_SYSEXMSG 0x90 0x30 0x64
SLEEP 3000
EXEC_SEND_MIDI_SYSEXMSG 0x90 0x32 0x64
SLEEP 4000
EXEC_SEND_MIDI_SYSEXMSG 0x90 0x32 0x64
SLEEP 3000
EXEC_SEND_MIDI_SYSEXMSG 0x90 0x30 0x64
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

Hi just tried it, I first thought it wasn't the solution, but I tried things different way and then it went fine.

What I discovered is that freeze probleme depends of the event you choose.
As I'm now configuring the all studio, I'm not streaming, so this action is associated with the playlist event "on track play" (it will at the end be used with a stream condition).
And those freeze issues seems to be specific to the on track play condition, yesterday I tried the same action using track change, and starts fonction wasn't freezing as it was still the case while using the on play event.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes, please perform the tests again, as the new ASYNC option is totally independent from the event which you are using to trigger the command-sequence - it should always be non blocking.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

Bernd,

unfortunately it still freeze the starts as shown in the previous video. unless I don't associate it with the "on track play"
As I'm yet not using this studio to broadcast, I will try to create a free stream account to test it again using the stream event to check if there're freezes or not.
Thomas.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

Not in front of it at the moment, but last beta for sure.

Thomas.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

just had a quick look in the studio 4.0.4.5
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

I won't be able to try now, But I allready checked with the 2 previous betas 4.4 & 4.5 wiill try 4.6
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

Bernd,
As I previously said its a specific issue with the playlist "on track play event" that I'm using only for testing purposes.
I just tried creating a free streaming account on caster to see if there's the same issue with stream "on song title change" event.
it's works without any feeze from airence start's switches this time.
problem solved for my specific use, but probably still an issue anyway.

Thomas.

if interested here's a short video of the result http://www.easymedias.com/pfissue/captu ... -51%20.mp4
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

to reproduce issue you need to create 2 externals switches that starts your players (no matter wich ones).
insert different tracks in those 2 players, then start one, and then, you won't be able to start the other one, til the first sleep out moment that follows your second start impulse (only with on track play event from playlist)
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I also tested it here with your specific 'Playlist.OnTrackPlay' event - like you demoed it in your original video and here it was also not freezing with that specific event.