Step songs

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Contacto FM
Step songs

Post by Contacto FM »

Hello Bin
Is it possible to put mufflers to some music folder?
For example, Hits 2018 - Step them with identifiers of the random signature station
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Step songs

Post by radio42 »

Can you explain what a "Muffler" is? And what you want to achieve?!
I am afraid I do not understand your question!

However using a normal script you can define exactly when and how to play your station id - even randomly.
Contacto FM

Post by Contacto FM »

Sorry my bad expression, ..
What I want to do is in a block of Hits 2018, pass identifiers of my radio on the songs that are sounding ..
No jingles if not audios that sound about the Hits (songs) that are sounding
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I still do not fully understand what you mean.
But maybe you mean automatic Station Voice Files, as explained here:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=38
Contacto FM

Post by Contacto FM »

Thanks Bernd
It's something I wanted to know .. What I want to achieve is that an identifier of my Radio sounds on the music ...
Thanks for the attention
Contacto FM

Post by Contacto FM »

Finally ... I thank you very much Bernd .. I finally got what I wanted to do ... I'm moving forward It is working very well Yes Yes 8-) :D ;)
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

May be you are looking for the Automatic Sweeper Transition feature.

Here are a few general things about it:
The default 'Attenuation Settings' can be defined in the general settings, section "Mixing/Fading" - see the related button.
(e.g. the 'Convert To Sweeper' function from the playlist context menu uses these settings)

The default "Transition Type" can also be defined in the general settings, section "Mixing/Fading".
Note, that you can define for a certain Media Entry Type an automatic track insert transition (see general settings, section "Mixing/Fading" and click on the "Mixing per Media Type..." button - now select the related Media Type and take a look to the 'Automatic Track-Insert Transition' setting). All tracks of that media type would than automatically be converted into a Sweeper (blending with either the end of the previous track resp. start of the next track).

To place a Sweeper over an existing playlist entry can also be done via drag and drop of e.g. a Jingle or Station ID track and then holding down the ALT-key. When you now drop such a track you are even asked about the Attenuation and the Transition Type.

What you are maybe looking for is the script-related automatic Sweeper Transition.
Within your script-editor add a script-line and choose your script-mode and entry to pick a StationID track you want to pick (ie. as shown in the picture below). Now click on the flash icon in the 'Options' column and select a transition mode:
Script-based-Sweepers.jpg
There are various different sweeper transition types you might use. E.g. the "VO_StartWithCueInOrEndWithRampOfNextTrack" tries to align the sweeper track to the end of the ramp of the next track. In case the ramp time is longer than the sweeper track itself, it will be aligned to the cuein position. If no ramp position is given, the sweeper track stays into the playlist by its own and will be started normally with the next cue point of the previous track, which is also case, if the sweeper track is longer than a given ramp time.

You might try out the different transition type manually first (via rag and drop plus the ALT-key; as explained above) in a new and empty playlist to see what matches you most.