Anti repead

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Contacto FM
Anti repead

Post by Contacto FM »

Greetings, .. I would like to know how it is so that the ProppFrexx does not repeat the songs, I have a shared folder more than 100 files, and from it I emit about 4 times per day, in other words it has enough not to repeat for a week, but not ... I notice that the same file sounds, having files that did not ring .. Thank you very much, I'm just testing the software to see how ...
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Anti repead

Post by radio42 »

I assume you are using a script with a script-line mode "Random" using a certain media lib (containing these 100+ files)?!
Note, that random really picks a random track, which means, it might return duplicates; as the random function will 'just' distribute the tracks equally over a longer period of time.

In order to make sure to not play certain tracks again in a certain period of time, you need to setup your Song History accordingly.
Please take a look to this tutorial video, which describes all options: https://youtu.be/fJknoxnXOAQ

But first you might also try to use the script-line mode "LeastRecentlyPlayed" (instead of Random).
This mode picks the next track, which has the oldest play date (and as such was least played) - this mode also distributes the tracks equally, but makes sure, that tracks only repeat once all others have been played.
Contacto FM

Post by Contacto FM »

Many Thanks Bin
Now I'm going to proceed as you are indicating, .. then I'll tell you how it goes ... Thanks for your attention
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Thanks - but my name is Bernd not Bin (that was another one ;-))
Contacto FM

Post by Contacto FM »

Ups sorry Bernd :D

You know that I have folders where I have almost 1000 songs and another 30 to 50 where I put the ones that are coming out in the month ... My wish is that the folders that have many songs do not repeat .. How do I not have conflict when I'm building the blocks? How to make the ProppFrexx use all the songs that each folder has before repeating the same file?
Please help me with this ... Thanks 🙌
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

As explained above, please make use of the script-line mode "LeastRecentlyPlayed" (instead of Random).
his mode picks the next track, which has the oldest play date (and as such was least played) - this mode also distributes the tracks equally, but makes sure, that tracks only repeat once all others have been played.

This sounds exactly to what you have just described above.
Contacto FM

Post by Contacto FM »

It is staying excellent ..
Thank you very much..
Download the tutorial and I had to translate it word for word in my language ... Now I'm getting clearer ...
Thank you very much Bernd
Contacto FM

Post by Contacto FM »

Dear friend Bernd I want to tell you that after all the consultations, which of course you have answered without any problem ,. I have managed to make the ProppFrexx well configured ... I have a detailed view of your tutorials on YouTube, plus the advice you provide in this forum. In short .. Thank you very much ... May God continue to bless you and may he grow Radio42 (ProppFrexx) ... A big hug 🙌