Orban Optimod pc 1101 routing

This forum can be used to post any topics related to general broadcast questions, tech stuff, informations etc.
This forum is unmoderated!
jbmusic
Orban Optimod pc 1101 routing

Post by jbmusic »

Dear forum members,

at the moment we are a very satisfied user of PF as a broadcaster.

Now we have purchased an Orban optimod pc1101 for a new playout. This replaces the current orban and with that we keep our current sound.

Now I only wonder what the best routing would be. I've tried everything, but get the audio in the orban, but not processed back to the streaming encoders.
Was assuming wave out -> processing -> wave and thus the routing for each other but unfortunately.
Now I wonder if there are people who use an orban optimod pc 1101 or equivalent, and how the routing is arranged?

thanks in advance

Grtz
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Orban Optimod pc 1101 routing

Post by radio42 »

Does the Orban come with any device driver?
Ie. if yes, it would show as individual WASAPI devices in the sound control panel and you would be able to define a mixer input channel accordingly, ie. a mixer input channel can pick up the generated cards output signal directly.
Have you trued that?
If not, add a new mixer input channel, select the WASAPI device mode and see, if you can locate the Orban as a device in the list.
If yes, select that mixer input channel as your streaming source.
jbmusic

Post by jbmusic »

Hi bernd,
thanks for the prompt reply..

The audio card comes with a driver...
it works with wave in/out, as well analog / digital in and out.
For the momen i used the general wdm option... but i did not got the routing back true PF...
I will try WASAPI...
jbmusic

Post by jbmusic »

Hi Bernd,

i am a bit confused...
I have created the WASAPI output on the orban (wave1 input true PC)
the soundcard seams to recieve the signal... i route this signal true the orban but the streaming encoder form PF is using the signal i send out too the orban. What am i missing...

Diagram of the soundcard:
ftp://ftp.orban.com/1211/Optimod_PC_110 ... atures.pdf
jbmusic

Post by jbmusic »

Finall I found the solution. Wave2 out, and wave1-in on the streaming sever. Strange thing is that I changed the settings in the setup of the streaming page but he shows general wave out as source but this should be in my opinion wave-1 in.
I changed it per streaming line and this works for me. Perhaps a small bug or is there a misunderstanding from my side ?

Test stream: http://studio1.lokaleomroepzeewolde.nl:8000/high
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I am not sure how that Orban card works?! You need to ask this the Orban support.
If it does NOT provide an internal loopback device to capture the processed signal (ie. as a mixer input channel, as explained above), than you can only feedback the signal to another’s soundcard device (pretty similar as if you would first route a signal from a soundcard to an external mixer and back into your system).
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Glad you found the solution !
Well for the Orban, the input is the received PF output. While the Orban output is for PF the processed signal.