OverlayName @ titles update

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
jbmusic
OverlayName @ titles update

Post by jbmusic »

Hi Bernd,
perhaps a small question, but for me a great help.. :)
On the overlay-scheduler you have the option to use a Overlay Name for Titles update. Could this also been done in the regular scheduler?

I am using scripts in the scheduler. For example to add a line in, but the title can be difference when i use in a full week 20 times the line-in it would be a great option to change the line-in program name.

I hope there is a small option to do this or a workaround to achieve the same result..
radio42
Site Admin
Re: OverlayName @ titles update

Post by radio42 »

For scripts you can set the 'Title' also per script-line.
As a general Program Scheduler option would have to apply for ALL script entries?!
I don't think this is wanted. So I guess you only want to replace some script-line entries?
jbmusic

Post by jbmusic »

Hi Bernd

How should i set up a script line titel ?
For the per script is okay but now we have made a script serie by time
So some have recorderd files and some have line in for live-shows
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

In the script-editor you can click on the related script-line and when you are within the 'Mode' column you will see a 'T' edit button.
Click on this one to define a fixed title for that script-entry.
jbmusic

Post by jbmusic »

Thanks! I did not knew that this option was availeble ... ;) Thanks bernd!
jbmusic

Post by jbmusic »

Hi Bernd,
Just an question according the Overlay name..
I have noticed that the overlay names are not pushed true the metadata which shoutcast as well on event OnSongTitleChanged --> streaming (D:\metadata\metadata.txt|nd|${cpltracknamecurrent})
Is this correct that this is not working properly? Even when i edit a tag on the audio file's which i load for show-programs in a pfmd file it's not working. He holds on the previous txt when there is a program where i have add the overlay name..
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I am not really sure what you want to say?!

However, the Overlay-Player does triggers the Streaming.OnSongTitleChanged event!
But you should of course not use the ${cpltracknamecurrent} macro with it - as this only references the plalyist.

Instead you should use the Track Macros within the OnSongTitleChanged event, e.g.:
${trackname} or a like (see the user manual appendix for all track related macros)

Which/What song title updates should be used within the Overlay can be defined in the overlay scheduler entry settings.
jbmusic

Post by jbmusic »

to avoid misunderstanding.. it's not the overlay player i am talking about..thats working fine..

but i have scripted a show which is pre-recorded. I use every hour a script and in that script i use for the title option (small T button)
this is not displayed in the shoutcast metatags, He is displaying the Initial track (in this case a jingle to announce the program)

The macro is working properly.... so it's just a shoutcast streaming issue
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I can hardly follow.
Is there an issue in ProppFrexx or is everything working as expected?
Because you started your previous post with: "Just an question according the Overlay name.."
So which overlay name do you mean?
jbmusic

Post by jbmusic »

The reason i started this subject that there is an option in te overlay scheduler to add an overlay name.
In the general scheduler you dont have this option... so thats where i started the question.
You pointed me to the small Title option where you can file out a title name on the scripts so i can rename a line-in to a program name.
Now when i used the smale T-title option, this title is now displayed on the now playing options shoutcast have...
the title remains at the initial track title