MIXER_INPUT_REC_ON TAG MP3 FILE

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
jsonio
MIXER_INPUT_REC_ON TAG MP3 FILE

Post by jsonio »

Hello Bernd,

I'm using PF to automatically record programs in MP3 files that are sent to our ftp server as "podcasts" directly downloadable by our listeners.
We would like to tag automatically the MP3 file created with custom names to make it clearer !

Would it be possible to create the tags directly in the record command?

Something like :

MIXER_INPUT_REC_ON
Parameter: [mixername][|filename | mp3titletag | mp3artisttag]

Or maybe there is already another existing command to do it automatically?

Thank you very much,

jsonio
radio42
Site Admin
Re: MIXER_INPUT_REC_ON TAG MP3 FILE

Post by radio42 »

This is currently possible...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

You can do the following:
The mixer event "OnStopRecording" (right-click on the mixer name and select 'Edit Control Command Events...') can be used to write TAG data to the last recording file. Use the macro ${mixerrecfilenamelast} to reference the last recording file and the control command EXEC_TAG_FILE.

Example:

Code: Select all

EXEC_TAG_FILE ${mixerrecfilenamelast}|title=This is my Title|artist=My Artist Name
To make this even more dynamic you can also set the title and artist variables when issuing your MIXER_INPUT_ON event, like this:

EXEC_VAR_SET MyTitle=This is my Title
EXEC_VAR_SET MyArtist=My Artist Name
MIXER_INPUT_REC_ON INP2
And then use them within the InputMixer's OnStopRecording event.

ASYNC
EXEC_TAG_FILE ${mixerrecfilenamelast}|title=${VAR:MyTitle}|artist=${VAR:MyArtist}
EXEC_UPLOAD_FILE ${mixerrecfilenamelast}|ftp://yourserver.com/targetname|username|password
djdeeno

Post by djdeeno »

Hi thanks for this great option.
i have try to upload a file with FTP and looks fine, but there something strange with placing the name on the remote site.

When i use this, that doesn't work.
EXEC_UPLOAD_FILE ${mixerrecfilenamelast}|ftp://yourserver.com/targetname|username|password

It works great when i gave a name with in and a file name, something like this:
EXEC_UPLOAD_FILE ${mixerrecfilenamelast}|ftp://yourserver.com/targetname/radiosh ... e|password

So on the remote server there is a radioshow.wav file.

But this don't work, the file wil be place with a strange name somehting like this: C4GVQ5~H.WAV or CDOMAF~T.WAV, the sound is great, only the name is not the here at local machine, what can i do the give the same name as local?
EXEC_UPLOAD_FILE ${mixerrecfilenamelast}|ftp://yourserver.com/[b]${mixerrecfilenamelast}[/b]|username|password
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Correct, today the given target filename must be specified (as in your 2nd example).
I will add to the next version a new macro function *[FILENAME: to the next version, so that you can extract the filename (without the path) from another macro, e.g.:

EXEC_UPLOAD_FILE ${mixerrecfilenamelast}|ftp://yourserver.com/folder/*[FILENAME:{${mixerrecfilenamelast}}:{1}|username|password]
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

A new version 4.3.3.0-beta is out - which adds the mentioned macro function!
To update use "Check for Beta-Versions..."