Smooth track transition

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Smooth track transition

Post by radio42 »

This was actually what I answered the first time.
However, shouldn’t this be possible by removing the ‘Random’ and ‘Sequential’ entries from the “Applies To” list?
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

As always your prediction came true! I will try this when I am at home tonight.
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Hi Bernd, I did not have the time yet to implement your solution, but I'm having doubts if this could work. How will the system be able to choose a jingle BETWEEN two tracks, when in the script rules it is only possible to specify a rule for the previous and current track? It is not possible to create a rule that looks back and ahead, is it? I hope I'm wrong... Anyway, this weekend I'm going to test.

-JW
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

That is correct. The rule would only look to the previous (music) and the current (jingle) track.
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Hi Bernd, I would like to come back on an earlier discussion about 'LeastTimesPlayed' versus 'LeastRecentlyPlayed'. I've checked these settings once more and I really believe there is a bug in the "LeastTimesPlayed" setting. When I choose "LeastRecentlyPlayed" in my scriptlines, and check the times played (Windows+2) of the added tracks, PF chooses nicely the least times played. When I choose "LeastTimesPlayed" in my scriplines and check the times played of the added tracks, PF chooses very often tracks which are once or more than once played. I did a history reset on all my music tracks and about half the tracks are now played once over the last period, which means that added tracks to the playlist should have "0" times played, regardless of the chosen "LeastTimesPlayed" or "LeastRecentlyPlayed" in the script. This is only the case when I choose "LeastRecentlyPlayed", but not when I choose "LeastTimesPlayed". Could it be that the "timesplayed-counter" is e.g. not real time available or e.g. does not recognize a "0" value?

ps. should I transfer this item to the "bugs" section?

-JW
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I do not believe, that there is a bug, but in order to test this in your environment with your settingd, I suggest you do the following:
a) clear the history as well as reset the entry statistics
b) run your script with the 'Test' mode and provide the given output to me
c) then indicate, which of the tracks are not correctly choosen (when using the LeastTimesPlayed mode)
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

OK. I will run the test this week.
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Hi Bernd,

I will e-mail you the test runs for both LeastTimesPlayed and LeatRecentlyPlayed as discussed above.

BRJW
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

A new v4.1.5.0 is out - which fixes the LeastTimesPlayed issue.
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Thx! I will test it.