Changing colors of Novation Launceh Control

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
John2103

Changing colors of Novation Launceh Control

Post by John2103 » 04 May 2020 15:40

How do I change the color of a button when a standby player starts or stops? I know how to use the use EXEC_SEND_MIDI_SHORTMSG. I used it to initialize the buttons with Applications.OnStartup.

Probably I have to use Others.OnStandbyPlay and Others.OnStandbyStop, but what is to correct syntax to use this in combination with EXEC_SEND_MIDI_SHORTMSG?

Thanks in advance for your help.

radio42
Site Admin

Re: Changing colors of Novation Launceh Control

Post by radio42 » 04 May 2020 16:38

I don’t own this device, so I guess you need to ask Novation for the exact Midi message command.
But you might also try to search the forum, if I remember correctly someone asked something similar in the past.
But the events are correct.

Maybe see here:
https://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/foru ... f=9&t=2188

John2103

Re: Changing colors of Novation Launch Control

Post by John2103 » 04 May 2020 21:36

Thanks for your help. It is not exactly what I meant. I have got the EXEC_SEND_MIDI_SHORTMSG working. I use it with Applications.OnStartup.

What I want to know is what to fill in for in the fields action and parameter. For example, if I use Others.OnStandbyPlay, what do I have to fill in for Standby Player A?

Can you give me an example?

radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 » 04 May 2020 22:25

I do not get your question?!
As I don't know the Novation Syntax to change the color of a specific button, how should I give you an example?

The only thing I can tel you, that you can use any of the available Standby-Player macros, e.g. the ${standby1isplaying} one.
But there is no id, index or alike available in that event to identify or map anything to a Novation button.

For cartwall items this is different, as there is for example the ${cartid} macro available for the OnCartPlayed event, which allows you to map an cartId to a button.
But this doesn't exist for Standby-Players.
So far I guess the Launchpad is only for Cartwalls and the LaunchControl for DJ-Players - but not Standby-Players.

But you might use the EXEC_COMMAND2 with the ${standby1isplaying} macro to change the color.
Just write X commands in parallel, e.g.:
EXEC_COMMAND2 ${standby1isplaying}|Equals(1)|EXEC_SEND_MIDI_SHORTMSG ...button1green...
EXEC_COMMAND2 ${standby1isplaying}|Equals(0)|EXEC_SEND_MIDI_SHORTMSG ...button1red...
EXEC_COMMAND2 ${standby2isplaying}|Equals(1)|EXEC_SEND_MIDI_SHORTMSG ...button2green...
EXEC_COMMAND2 ${standby2isplaying}|Equals(0)|EXEC_SEND_MIDI_SHORTMSG ...button2red...
EXEC_COMMAND2 ${standby3isplaying}|Equals(1)|EXEC_SEND_MIDI_SHORTMSG ...button3green...
EXEC_COMMAND2 ${standby3isplaying}|Equals(0)|EXEC_SEND_MIDI_SHORTMSG ...button3red...

John2103

Post by John2103 » 05 May 2020 10:36

I apologize, you are right, after rereading my text I have to admit that it is not very clear. What I meant was the syntax for this:

EXEC_COMMAND2 ${standby1isplaying}|Equals(1)|EXEC_SEND_MIDI_SHORTMSG ...button1green...

I tested it with this:

EXEC_COMMAND2 ${standby1isplaying}|Equals(1)|EXEC_SEND_MIDI_SHORTMSG 0x90|8|0x29|0x3C

It works, it makes the button 1 green. Many thanks for your help!