Media Library

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
starstruck
Media Library

Post by starstruck »

Hi Bernd,

My apologies for asking the same question again but my hard drive failed and the answer was on the old forum.

How do I stop the software rescanning the hard drive based media library every time I start the software ? I have approx 20000 files so that takes time :P

I want it to read the synced.pfp file instead. I looked thru the settings again and again but cant work it out.

Sorry
Kev :roll:
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Media Library

Post by radio42 »

That description was for a older version.
In the newer version this option was moved directly to the general settings, section "Folders/Libraries" - see the option "Cache Library (_synced_.pfp)".

Note, that the initial rescanning of folder based media libs must be once complete - so leave PF open until the rescanning is performed.
If you close PF before its complete, it would resume once PF is started again.
Once the rescanning is completed, PF will only check for newer files within the defined folder-based media lib with each start.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

That depends a bit which PF version you are using at 'Salto Studio'?
You once said, that they are still using a very old v3.0.9.x version?!
Have you updated the 'Salto Studio' machine to the latest version (v3.0.11.31)?
The media lib handing was quite significantly changed and optimized since v3.0.9.x?

For the new PF version however it shouldn't be a problem to delete the '_synced_.pfp' files.
At startup (if these files are missing) PF would simply rescan the entire folder and recreate them (which simply might take some time).

When you say it 'crashes': What exact error message do you get (see the 'Error.log' file)?
Or are there any windows event messages present when the crash happens, which could give me any idea about the 'crash' reason?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Not sure why Winamp sould bring ProppFrexx to crash - except both are using the same audio driver and the audio driver itself is somehow crashing?!
I just tested it here: having Winamp running and playing and then starting ProppFrexx - no problems, no crash.

Are you seeing any recent entries in the ProppFrexx "Error.log" file (contained in the ProppFrexx AppUserData folder) when PF crashes?
Or are you seeing and entries in the Windows Event Log?
What OS/version are you using and what Winamp version are you running and what audio driver are you using?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

You need to set the 'Keep _synced_.pfp Playlist File' option.
In the general settings go to the Playlist section and click on the 'More...' button.
gerrit

Post by gerrit »

Maybe I'm not look good. But I don't see a more button.
I also want to start the program with the cache library so
the Cpu won't reach 50% because it is scanning the library
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

Gerrit, maybe you did check Rescan at Startup which is right beside Cache Library (_synced_.pfp). Bernd, could this be the problem? Of course if the very first rescan was already finished.
Peter
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Sure, the 'Rescan at Startup' option forces a rescan with each start. So that should be turned off by default.
gerrit

Post by gerrit »

Thanks for the reply. We're testing Proppfrexx for a local station. The libary is now 360 songs.
We check the settings.
Cache Library (_synced_.pfp) is ON.
Rescan at Startup is OFF
The program start with the scheduler on. Then we turn Auto Play on with a mouse click.
The program takes 50% cpu for 15-20 minutes before making a playlist and playing the first song.
When we turn Proppfrexx off and on it works direct (no waiting no 50%cpu but 20%).
But! The day after it takes 50% cpu and 15-20 minutes before everything works.

Sugestions?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

But what do you mean by "When we turn Proppfrexx off and on it works direct..."?
Does that mean, that if you close ProppFrexx ONAIR and restart it on the same day (e.g. after a few minutes) no rescan is performed, but if you restart it on the next day it rescans the libs again?

Please try the following:
Turn off the automatic start of the scheduler, so that no playlist is started at the beginning.
How does the CPU load now look like?
Now, turn on the scheduler manually, by clicking on 'Run Scheduler' button in the scheduer ribbion.
How does the CPU load now look like?

Also check the following general settings:
Section 'MetaData/WaveForm':
- 'Always force TAG Reading' should be OFF
- 'Force Folder TAG Reading' should be OFF
Section 'Folder/Libraries':
- 'Reload Libs every' should be set to 0
- 'Rescan Libraries' should be OFF