Two songs playing at the same time

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
jsonio
Two songs playing at the same time

Post by jsonio »

Hello Bernd,

Since 2016 (it was still PF3) from times to times I randomly discover PF playing 2 tracks at the same time for a few minutes/hours (until the next program change occurs). I call it a "bug" because it's not what I expect, it's a radio playlist broadcast and I always want PF to play one track after another with a crossfade between the songs (like a normal radio would do) and sometimes an OVERLAY FTE.

I think I maybe found the reason why PF suddenly starts to play 2 songs in parallel. Please see the attached picture with song1, song2 and song3.

It seems that when an OVERLAY FTE plays on top of a crossfade between two songs (songs 1 & songs 2) of my playlist, at its end it automatically restarts another unexpected song (song 3) without realizing that a song (song 2) is already playing in another deck, and then from that point it's like if there were 2 concurrent processes going on to play the songs one by one, but two times at the same time. Of course, it's a sour soup for the listener ^^ At the next program change, everything goes back to normal.

Could you please help me to solve definitely this problem?

Thank you a lot in advance,

jsonio
Attachments
Sans titre-1.jpg
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Two songs playing at the same time

Post by radio42 »

Which version are you using now?!
There was once a related bug in the past, but that was fixed quite a long time ago!

What do you mean by FTE Overlay?
Is that an Overlay what has a Fixed start type.
And it looks like to do not selected the ‚Suppress Program‘ option?!
And can you clearly reproduce the above scenario - or does that also only happen rarely and randomly?
jsonio

Post by jsonio »

Hello Bernd,

Thank you very much for the answer.
The version we currently use is : 4.2.0.2 but the problem happened for many years but it is not frequent at all, I would say it happens like one time each 2/3 months. So it has never been our priority to solve it because the next program change or maybe a fixed fte "auto-solves" it. I wrote you sometimes about it and you told me to try to upgrade. But because it is very rare, it was not possible to be sure the update had an effect before 2 or 3 months after it.

by FTE OVERLAY, I meant fte AS overlay :
fte.png
fte.png (7.71 KiB) Viewed 8298 times
What is the "suppress program" option? Sorry, I can't find any information about it on the forum or in the manual.

Recently it happened 2 times in the same week. I checked the system and I find a change that could be related to it: the jingle played (FTE as Overlay) has normally a 5 seconds length but this week it has been erroneously replaced by a 120 seconds jingle (human error).

My hypothesis is because this jingle as overlay was longer, the probability that a crossfade between 2 songs happens at the same time increased.

Because the problem is rare and random, the debug log is never activated when it happens. It's like trying to catch a ghost ;)

Thank you !!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Thanks for the additional info ... i'll take a look into it!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

One additional question: I now see, that you are playing an FixTimeElement (FTE) and not an Overlay (via the Overlay Scheduler).
An FTE is however played as a regular track within a DJ Player. The 'As Overlay' option should continue to play the other DJ Players.
How many DJ Players are you using in your setup: 3 or 4 ?
jsonio

Post by jsonio »

Hello Bernd,

We use 3 DJ players

Thank you very much,

Jsonio
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Hi Jsonio, I already found the issue - it is indeed related to your use-case (FTE with the AsOverlay and a certain tarck change).
I'll provide an update later today!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Fixed in v4.2.0.6!
jsonio

Post by jsonio »

Thank you so much !