Hook Automation

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
franksiegers
Hook Automation

Post by franksiegers »

Hi Bernd,

When using the scheduler for non-stop, is there some way to have PFOA automatically create an embedded hook container for each hour?

I know how to manually create one, but I would like ProppFrexx to automatically choose 2 songs from the upcoming script/playlist (preferably from a user-defined category or playlist, like hits) and create an embedded hook container for 'stay tuned' purposes.

Like what you described here, but automatically.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Hook Automation

Post by radio42 »

That is still open in the wish-list, as exactly what you described is the issue!
It is not guaranteed, that the next playlist is available at the time when you would like to create the embedded hook container (to tease the next hour). Note, that by default programs and the playlist is created in real-time on the fly, and thus just at the time when the next hour starts, but not before.
So in that case the tracks to be played in the next hour are not known upfront!

Plus, there is currently no way (except manually, e.g. in case you plan the program playlists anyhow manually) to define, which tracks are to be 'automatically' picked for such teaser like embedded hook container.
Just randomly picking some 2 tracks sounds useless to me.
franksiegers

Post by franksiegers »

radio42 wrote: 22 Oct 2020 17:47 Just randomly picking some 2 tracks sounds useless to me.
It does to me as well. One solution could be to introduce a new track metadata tag ("use in automatically created hooks"). Another option could be to add filter criteria to the hook creation process, to filter songs based on metadata or other criteria.

Perhaps playlists could be created some time in advance, like overlays to solve the first problem?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yeah, there many options, but all involve quite heavy changes ;-) that’s why it is still on the wish-list...