Question

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
D3R3K
Re: Question

Post by D3R3K »

i got the sequential thing i need to know the option
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

As already said. Use both Suppress option.
D3R3K

Post by D3R3K »

Bernd I assume the goal to any script is to not have any global script line warnings correct?
D3R3K

Post by D3R3K »

and when if ever would you a forced option? with sequential, least played ...?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Note, that it is just a warning. The system cannot detect all possible scenarios and if you intended something or not. But a warning at least a sign to thing about it.
Mainly the warning is only given, if your media lib size is smaller than your history size but didn’t suppress its use. Hence there is a chance, that all your tracks are contained in the history and finally no track could be picked without violating the history check.
That’s what the warning tells you.

Take a look to the history tutorial video. The scenario is explained there in detail.
D3R3K

Post by D3R3K »

Bernd, I can no longer test any scripts . all i get is a black page that says searching for scripts. What do I Do?
D3R3K

Post by D3R3K »

all it says is Please wait script test in progress
Radiofreak

Post by Radiofreak »

You can also edit the 10 tracks via the overlay schedule. Use the option "asPlaylistInsert". Then you can play a track of your choice every 2 or 3 hours. Then you don't have to bother with scripts. 10 tracks is not enough to make a properly functioning script. As Bernd wrote, take a look at his tutorials ;)
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Not sure what you have done!!
Maybe the test simply takes that long, eg. because your history settings are so strict, that almost or even all tracks fail and thus the test runs forever.
As the test runs in the background it might be forever. If other functions are blocked, try this fact, try to reboot and correct the script.
D3R3K

Post by D3R3K »

well something is wrong its running proper programming but will not let me test a script i have restarted the computer and have looked a all scripts there are no warnings
im lost here