BASS_ERROR_HANDLE

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
CoolRadio
BASS_ERROR_HANDLE

Post by CoolRadio »

Dear all,

ProppFrexx version: v3.0.15.21

Since a couple of weeks (i suspect windows 10 update) i receive below error when adding Input Device for mixer inpur channels for this specific sound card (RME hammerfall DSP). Output channels are working fine and also other soundcards are working fine for in/output.
BASS_ERROR_HANDLE.JPG
Any ideas

Thanks in advance
radio42
Site Admin
Re: BASS_ERROR_HANDLE

Post by radio42 »

Note, that the v3 came to its end of life since many years! There is no support and no bug-fixes anymore. The one-year transition period to v4 is also over since a couple of years.
As such, it might be time to purchase the new v4.

But maybe the input device is already in use somewhere else? Or you try with the WASAPI mode, as WDM is anyhow just emulates on Win10. I
CoolRadio

Post by CoolRadio »

Dear Bernd,

Problem is fixed.

Deleted default.mixer file and rebuild mixer from scratch. Also updated soundcard with latest drivers. Everything is working fine now.
Regarding new v4 version, is this also available in 32bit? I'm still running proppfrexx on 32bit machine with no complaints.

unfortunately I wasn't aware of the mentioned "one-year transition period" hope you can make me happy on this one :-)

Regards
Richard
https://www.cool-radio.nl
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes, just take a look to the web-site - v4 is also still available as 32-bit.
The "one-year transition period" was send out 3-times to all registration emails and heavily announced on the web-site of ProppFrexx.
CoolRadio

Post by CoolRadio »

Dear Bernd,

Thanks for your reply!

Is there some procedure to upgrade from v3 to v4 and keep current configuration and settings in place?

Thanks in advance

Richard
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Just install the v4 in parallel to the v3 (Note, that you must now purchase the new v4).
When first starting the v4 you will be asked, if you want to copy the v3 settings - configure this with yes. That’s it.