ASIO Sound Card Crash

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
bebo_saed
ASIO Sound Card Crash

Post by bebo_saed »

Hi Bernd

I've a very strange problem while using PFOA, i've just installed a new DAW device, made some tweaks for audio on windows 7 x64, installed PFOA and made the mixer setup so as to fit my station's settings as using external mixer, external mic (Complex), stetted my IP and OP and finished the wizard, when PFOA trying to startup and where loading mixer settings it crashes without any error feedback !!! windows gives me program has crashed and reporting or close program option !!! strange isn't it!!!

My Sound Card is M-Audio Profire 2626 which is a FireWire connected sound card, also i've a motherboard Gigabyte Z77x with built-in FireWire Port

i'd appreciate your help on that

Thanks
bebo_saed
Re: ASIO Sound Card Crash

Post by bebo_saed »

i did try that yesterday and it worked then i did the setup of the mixer again and it worked, the problem is there some point which the program crashes while playing audio, a very big instability and that's what i don't want it to happen while i'm broadcasting On Air , i know this problem isn't from PFOA i've used it on many PCs and it worked Perfect, but i hope you help me on this.

Thanks
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Please try to delete your '*.mixer' files contained in ProppFrexx AppUserData folder (e.g. 'Default.mixer') and try again.
Sounds like there is a crash when initializing the ausio devices.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No, once the mixer (effectively the soundcards are inialized) they can be used.
However, when reconfiguring (reinstalling) the soundcard drivers outside of ProppFrexx (while ProppFrexx is running) this might 'steal' a driver while it is in use - which might crash any application currently using such drivers.
So you should definitly avoid (re)installing audio drivers while ProppFrexx ONAIR is running and using those drivers.