Logging Issues

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
cradio-lc
Logging Issues

Post by cradio-lc »

Hi, I'm currently using ProppFrexx ONAIR 3.0.10.1, and having a couple of issues with the logging function which I was hoping you might be able to clear up. You may have to bear with me as I'm only new to the program.

Firstly, I'm encountering a possible bug where the log files are being deleted after 3 months, however both global logging and playlist logging are set to keep for "9999" days. Could this be a problem with the program or a problem on my end?

Secondly, the logs are currently only saving as separate programs. Is the "global log" a consolidated version of this where all logs are contained within one file? If so, the "global log" doesn't seem to be saving.

Thanks in advance for your help!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Logging Issues

Post by radio42 »

a) "log files are being deleted after 3 months": This is a featuer and not a bug!
See the "Keep Days" option in the general settings - here you can specify, if files should be deleted after a certain number of days (default is 90 days).
Set this to 0 to disable.

b) this can also be adjusted by yourself within the general settings resp. via the related control-commands, which are being used to actually write the log files.
See here for a detailed explanation:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=24

c) Guess you should also 'Check for Updates...' - we are at v3.0.10.34 already!
cradio-lc
Re: Logging Issues

Post by cradio-lc »

Thanks!