Automatically load and unload players

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
barelds
Automatically load and unload players

Post by barelds »

Hello Bernd,

Normaly I set the buttons automatically load and unload players in the Auto positon and keep them on Auto.
But in the latest version of PFOA when I turn AUTOPLAY off, the buttons change to manual.
In the previous versions of PFOA he buttons stay on Auto load an unload players when I turn AUTOPLAY off.
Is this a bug, or do I have to change some settings in the latest PFOA version to keep it in 'auto load and unload players'.

Greetings,

Harm Jan.
Attachments
manual.PNG
manual.PNG (2.54 KiB) Viewed 2477 times
auto.PNG
auto.PNG (3.25 KiB) Viewed 2477 times
Pieter
Re: Automatically load and unload players

Post by Pieter »

I have the same problem.
I am also curious about the solution

Thanks in avances
Best regards,
Pieter
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No, that is actually a feature. Let me explain:
In the general settings, section Playlist Settings you define the behavior for the Autom. Loading/Unloading state of manually created playlists, i.e. playlist not having a program/script assigned.

You are right, that for manually created playlists, that state was never honored, once you turned on AutoPlay!
I.e. once you turned AutoPlay ON, the Autom. Loading/Unloading have been turned ON as well (as this is definitely needed for AutoPlay to work).
However, it was never reverted to the default settings, once you turned AutoPlay OFF again.

Exactly this behavior is now consistently implemented. Which means, for manual created playlist:
- if you turn AutoPlay ON: Autom. Loading/Unloading is turned ON as well
- if you turn AutoPlay OFF: Autom. Loading/Unloading are turned back to their defined setting values

For automatically created playlists, i.e. playlists having a program/script assigned, nothing has changed and AutoPlay is turned ON automatically and as such also the Autom. Loading/Unloading is turned ON as well - and this is never reverted, even if you manually turn AutoPlay OFF.
Pieter

Post by Pieter »

Hello Bernd,
To make this understandable.

In this version 4.2.6.8 when I play something in player A and do nothing, the track will be highlighted again and will not mark player B as next. (Auto play is off). So PLayer A will play again
In de general setting - playlist setting I filled the checkbox "Auto unload" to on.
This will not make any difference

Than, I highlighted the two buttons from manual to auto, manually. When song ends in player A, it stops playing, player B will be next. That's good.
If I want play A (song), B (jingle), C (song) automatically and after C I want to speak, I turns off Auto Play, one of the buttons (left one) turns to manual. The second one stays on auto.
So when player D plays, and drag a new track into the ABCD players (to be played next), it will not highlight. I have to push button Manual to Auto, so it will loads in player A.
This is different in previous version

I hope that I make myself clear for you?

Thanks again
Best regards,
Pieter
Pieter

Post by Pieter »

Hello Bernd,
This will do, when I check both boxes it will auto select and unload like I want
PFOA-auto unload+select.PNG
PFOA-auto unload+select.PNG (11.52 KiB) Viewed 2441 times
Thanks.
Best regards,
Pieter
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The checkboxes in the settings are 'just' the default, to set the Auto Load/Unload option of the playlist.
Note, that each playlist has an Auto Load and Auto Unload option (see the related buttons at the left bottom status bar of the playlist window).
Playlist Statusbar.jpg
So when you change any of these Playlist Settings in the general settings, they take only effect with the next playlist window you create.
However, you can still change the playlist related options directly in the playlist window by clicking on the buttons, as shown in the picture above; e.g. you can toggle the playlist specific option Auto Unload in that status bar.
barelds

Post by barelds »

Hello Bernd,

Thank you for your answers, my configuration is now working as before.
The buttons automatically load and unload players on the bottom of the screen will stay on AUTO even when AUTOPLAY is off, just like before the update.

Harm Jan.