Wouldn't this be handy in PF?

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
Peter Maerlandt
Wouldn't this be handy in PF?

Post by Peter Maerlandt »

As an owner of a D&R WEbstation, I ran into this problem. Maybe this could be a helpfull screen?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Wouldn't this be handy in PF?

Post by radio42 »

Can you please describe what the exact issue is? And post pictures here, as not everyone has or wants to use facebook!
Thx
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Looks like a spam post here!!
Peter Maerlandt

radio42 wrote: 16 Aug 2022 18:41 Looks like a spam post here!!
Hi,
Back from holiday and finally found some time to answer.

First off all, my apologies, the way I wrote this threat looked like spam, please excuse me.
the issue:
I'm using a D&R Webstation, connected via USB. Sometimes, out of the blue, Windows looses the settings for the internal soundcard (or USB soundcard). This is a know issue, especially when one uses multiple soundcards.

The link I shared was a message from a gentlemen who tried to solve this problem. He claims that windows remembers the name of the sound card but sometimes looses the ID's.
His solution is that his program compares the names and ID's given in the program are compared with the ones Windows uses. If there is a difference, the names in Windows will be changed.
audio settings
audio settings
once again, my apologies for my first unclear message. HYope everything is clearer now.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No problem at all - and thanks for the clarification.
But ProppFrexx already uses the name and ID of the Windows devices (no own names or IDs are being generated by ProppFrexx), ie. ProppFrexx already tries its best to find the correct devices (even in case they are changed). But this is not 100% reliable.
The effective issue is unfortunately on the D&R side, as they don't provide their own dedicated sound card drivers, but some very generic ones.
I am afraid, I can currently not do much about this.
Peter Maerlandt

radio42 wrote: 02 Sep 2022 11:45 No problem at all - and thanks for the clarification.
But ProppFrexx already uses the name and ID of the Windows devices (no own names or IDs are being generated by ProppFrexx), ie. ProppFrexx already tries its best to find the correct devices (even in case they are changed). But this is not 100% reliable.
The effective issue is unfortunately on the D&R side, as they don't provide their own dedicated sound card drivers, but some very generic ones.
I am afraid, I can currently not do much about this.
Thanks for the quick answer.