Which version of ProppFrexx ONAIR for home radio station?

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Knarrenheinz
Which version of ProppFrexx ONAIR for home radio station?

Post by Knarrenheinz »

Hello everyone,

First post over here. So here it goes.

Because I am not a big fan anymore of today’s radio, I want to create my own private radio station so that I can listen, and play my own favorite music 24 hours a day. I haven’t figured out how to do this, but I found a Dutch radio DJ on YouTube who has done this with another application. I linked the video under this post for the ones who are interested in it. Keep in mind that he speaks Dutch.

In my search for a radio automation program I came across ProppFrexx ONAIR.
The last months I have been playing a little bit around with the demo version and I like it very much that I want buy a license. It's very nicely made and looks very beautiful!

So, now my question is; which version of ProppFrexx ONAIR would be the best for me to do this? The Basic, Premium or Professional version? It’s just going to be a hobby project. I don’t want to make money out of it.

In the future I also like to add a D&R mixer, don't know which one yet, so that I still can make use of my old turn-tables and CD-players.

Would it actually be possible that what I want to do? Maybe this is discussion material for another topic.

Thank you very much in advanced for your answers and precious time!

Friendly greetings from Belgium,
Ivan

Nerdvideo: ik heb dus m'n eigen radiostation thuis | Michiel Veenstra VLOG #067
ProppFrexx ONAIR Professional v4.4.4.3 (NON-Commercial) | USB Device Registration
1. Windows 11 Pro 22H2 build 22621.3296 | Intel Core i5/750 2.66 GHz | 16GB RAM (Default)
2. Windows 11 Home 22H2 build 22621.1848 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600H/4.2 GHz | 64GB RAM
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Which version of ProppFrexx ONAIR for home radio station?

Post by radio42 »

If you only do streaming, without any automation, the Basic Edition would be enough, else I'd recommend the Premium Edition.
For details see here: https://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/editions.html

However, you can upgrade at any time for just the delta of the license price, so no risk for you to even later upgrade to the Professional Edition.
Knarrenheinz

Post by Knarrenheinz »

Hi Bernd,

Thank you very much for your answer!

I think I will go for the Premium or Professional version right away. Although it's nice that you can upgrade at any time.
As I understand you need the "Scripting/Scheduler" feature to let ProppFrexx ONAIR run completely automatic 24/7.
The scripting will also let me define what ProppFrexx ONAIR should play in automatic mode.
Please, correct me if I am wrong.

Kind regards,
Ivan
ProppFrexx ONAIR Professional v4.4.4.3 (NON-Commercial) | USB Device Registration
1. Windows 11 Pro 22H2 build 22621.3296 | Intel Core i5/750 2.66 GHz | 16GB RAM (Default)
2. Windows 11 Home 22H2 build 22621.1848 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600H/4.2 GHz | 64GB RAM
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

You are totally correct with your assumption.