update fails

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
fjb59
update fails

Post by fjb59 »

when i start proppfrexx it says there's an update. when i click "yes" to update, if gives an error 404, "file not found."
radio42
Site Admin
Re: update fails

Post by radio42 »

Not sure what coused it. I just re-uploaded the latest version. It should work now!
Many Greets
marvex

Post by marvex »

Trying update and get error - luckily it is a client machine.

And I tried with latest version and some version before that as well, but error is the same.
if necessary I can reinstall it, but where can I get the latest version
Attachments
error
error
Screenshot 2023-03-08 at 18.38.16.png (140.83 KiB) Viewed 2414 times
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

You can only install the full version from the web site (ie. what is called the Demo Verison) - the registration (which you have) makes it the full version.

But your error is strange, as already many many users have installed it and as such unzipped it. So I am not sure, what might cause it.
I have just downloaded it here, and that gave no error. So maybe a download error? Very puzzling…
hdradio

Post by hdradio »

Same problem here. Can not update.
Screenshot_20230215_092322.png
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Unfortunately the issue seems to be an incompatibility with the zip library I am using and a recent Windows Update in certain countries. E.g. I can not reproduce the issue here in Germany. But I see, that other users of that lib have a similar issue.

The only workaround I have today is to manually update using the following two methods:

1) install the full version (i.e. download the Demo version and install it) - no config data will be lost or overwritten

2) close ProppFrexx and go to the ProppFrexx AppUserData folder and its current version, e.g. (%appdata%\radio42\ProppFrexx ONAIR\4.3.4.6) and locate the downloaded .zip file manually. Then unzip this file to your ProppFrexx installation folder.

I am sorry for any inconvenience, I am working on a solution. Unfortunately I can only provide an update with the next but one version after...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

If you haven’t tried the above, I provided a possible solution to the above issue and the current version.
In case, just retry the update, as I cannot reproduce it here…
hdradio

Post by hdradio »

radio42 wrote: 24 Mar 2023 11:20 If you haven’t tried the above, I provided a possible solution to the above issue and the current version.
In case, just retry the update, as I cannot reproduce it here…
With update v4.3.5.1 26.03.2023 it does not work. Same zip error.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

What exact OS version and environment are you using? As I can unfortunately not reproduce it. And many other users already upgraded- so I must assume, that there is something very specific causing your issue.

What is really strange is, that I don’t even use ‚1‘ as the default library‘s codepage anymore. So I am wondering where the exact same error as above might come from?

Have you tried the full install, eg. downloading/installing the Demo version? As that should be the same as upgrading.

And have you tried unzipping the downloaded update manually? Is that working, ie if you unzip it manually with the Windows tools?
hdradio

Post by hdradio »

I am currently using Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22621.1413
Windows display language is English (United States) and the Regional Format is English (Europe). I've also installed a Greek keyboard.
I have not tried the full install but I could update by opening the downloaded "update_4_3_5_1.zip" file from "../Roaming/radio42/Proppfrexx ONAIR/4.3.5.0" folder and unzipping it to the installation folder.