Mixer Window not showing since v4.3.4.5

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
CoolRadio
Mixer Window not showing since v4.3.4.5

Post by CoolRadio »

Since we upgraded to v4.3.4.5 Mixer Window doesn't pop up anymore. Hope you can help me on this one.

Regards Richard
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Mixer Window not showing since v4.3.4.5

Post by radio42 »

I assume your layout file gor corrupted.
Either go to the general settings, section More Stuff and click on the Reset Layout button.
Reset Layout.jpg
Or close ProppFrexx and delete the file called "ProppFrexx ONAIR.layout" in its AppUserData folder (%appdata%\radio42\ProppFrexx ONAIR\4.0).
CoolRadio

Post by CoolRadio »

Delete of file "ONAIR.layout" did solve the problem. unfortunately I had to reconfige all of my mixer channels.
Where are backup files (during upgade) located so i can restore these files when it happens again?

Regards Richard
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

During the upgrade no configuration of other user data is accessed!! Only the binary executable as well as libraries get updated within the installation folder.
Of course ProppFrexx got closed in order to do so. When closing ProppFrexx all .layout and many .config files got saved. If those configuration files got corrupt during closing ProppFrexx, this might indicate a more severe issue on your system and should be monitored (as any regular close of PF could corrupt them). So the pure update can not be a reason why your mixer setup got lost!

Except for the pure .layout file all other configurations (e.g. the .config files and the .mixer files) will first create a related .bak file representing its previous state. Example: "Default.mixer" and "Default.mixer.bak" or "ProppFrexx ONAIR.config" and "ProppFrexx ONAIR.config.bak".
So you might use these.

All other files can be backed up either manually or by using the Backup and Restore functionality in the 'Tools' ribbon tab.