pfpbatchtag from txt-file

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
doobeedoo
pfpbatchtag from txt-file

Post by doobeedoo »

Hello Bernd

We would like to use the new pfpbatchtag to update the artist and title tags of our audio files. For the moment that information is found in the filename. I've made an excel file who extracts that info from the filename into 2 columns (artist and title).

If I'm right I have to generate a txt file with all the filenames (I suppose that will be full path filename?) and also a metadata.csv file. It's not clear however what structure that CSV file must have ... first row with tags to be modified?, delimiter needed?

Is it possible to give an example or some more explanation?

Thanks in advance

Bernard
radio42
Site Admin
Re: pfpbatchtag from txt-file

Post by radio42 »

Why so complicated? Just use the existing Tagger application (ProppFrexx Tagger.exe) and open the folder containing those audio files - then select then and right-click on Selection -> Get TAGs from Filename...
In the upcoming dialog you can specify the filename pattern to extract the TAGs...
TAGs from Filename.jpg

However,
an example for the pfpbatchtag.exe tool is explained here: https://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/foru ... php?t=3340
E.g. use:

Code: Select all

pfpbatchtag.exe -f=generictxt Music1 -i="C:\Export\export.csv"
The format definition (in the example it is called Music1) is defined in the provided file called "pfpbatchtag.importformats". In that format definition you specify the delimiter, headers, quotes, encoding, fields etc. You can add our own formats to that file yourself if you like.
doobeedoo

Post by doobeedoo »

Hi Bernd

Unfortunately our filenames were not clean enough to use the tagger program to insert the tags from the filename.

Almost everything worked fine with the pfpbatchtag.exe ... only for filenames with square brackets the program had problems ... no error was given but the tags were not updated. Luckily there aren't many of those ... so we'll do these manually.

Bernard
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

??? Can you send a sample file?
ProppFrexx is fully Unicode and all characters and filenames are supported.

TAGs depend on the format. Eg. MP3 tags are by default in Latin1. But you can overwrite these in the settings to also support UTF8 here.

Also make sure to specify UTF8 in the .importformats file format specification.

So I need a concrete sample to look at. But square brackets should always be supported. As such I assume another issue with these files.
doobeedoo

Post by doobeedoo »

Hi Bernd

Attached the test csv-file and the pfpbatchtag.importformats with the format "Noordzee" I used.

Kind regards

Bernard
Attachments
Archive.zip
(2.03 KiB) Not downloaded yet
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Unfortunately there was no .mp3 file attached. So I used my own test file which I renamed to your filename ("Adele - Chasing pavements [Album Version].mp3").
But I could not experience any issue:
Before.jpg
Processing.jpg
After.png
After.png (9.33 KiB) Viewed 1562 times
But I saw a '__MACOSX' sub-folder in your Archive.zip - so could it be, that you are processing it on a MACOSX file system and that the square brackets are problematic using Parallels - as I am using a Windows Filesystem?
Have you tested it under Windows as well?
Or are all filenames using square brackets problematic on your system? As under WIndows they are not!
doobeedoo

Post by doobeedoo »

Hey Bernd

I did create de zip-file on a macbook. But the conversion was done on a windows machine.

Fortunately there weren't much files with square brackets, so I did the rest manually. We finally have the metadata available and are already showing the metadata on our stream. Now I'm struggling with the RDS feed, but because it's a totally new topic I will open a new topic on that one.

Bernard
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Unfortunately I can not say what might went wrong on your side, as with all my tests it worked fine here. As you can see above…
But glad, that all tracks are now tagged correctly again.

A simple RDS example is given here: viewtopic.php?p=2140