even distribution of songs

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: even distribution of songs

Post by radio42 »

When you have media libs with only 10 or 20 tracks, I would say it depends. But in general the LastRecentlyPlayed mode should also work fine here.
Do you experience any issues?

If you pull many tracks per hour out of such a small lib, you might need to active the Media Lib History and set to an appropriate value, eg. 5 or 7. But only do so when you experience any issues. You might then also try the Ramdom mode with this history setting.
Radiostar929

Post by Radiostar929 »

When i use last recently played i say we have a history conflict. dont like when that happens. If i use random what do I set as an option? I am now using sequential suppress history check.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Not sure where you get a conflict and if this is just normal or if you really have an issue?! Please post more details, since it might not matter if you ‚like‘ it.
Enable the SuppressHistoryCheck script-line option for small libs on which you use a media lib history.

There is no general answer to your question, as every user has a different use case, different libraries and needs. Each needs a different setting.
I suggest you watch the video tutorials (The History Settings…) here: viewtopic.php?t=1018
to understand each option and how it works.