Permanently disable "Mark as played"

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
benjavides
Permanently disable "Mark as played"

Post by benjavides »

Hi! I'm using Proppfrexx for the first time for a project in which we just want to:
1. Receive information about what's currently being played. (Already working using TCP)
2. Trigger different manually pre-made playlists from an external program (Already working using OSC). It should be possible to play a playlist more than once (I don't mean in a loop, eg: A-B-A).

It is almost working but I've been struggling with some of the Proppfrexx features made for radio that are not needed for my use case.

This is what I'm doing to stop all playing playlist before I trigger the one I want:

Code: Select all

PLS_AUTOPLAY_OFF Playlist_1
PLS_AUTOPLAY_OFF Playlist_2
PLS_AUTOPLAY_OFF Playlist_3
PLS_PAUSE_CURRENT Playlist_1|2
PLS_PAUSE_CURRENT Playlist_2|2
PLS_PAUSE_CURRENT Playlist_3|2
This is what I'm doing to specify the playlist that I want to play from the start

PLS_CURRENT_AUTOPLAY_OFF
PLS_CURRENT_EJECT_CURRENT
PLS_CURRENT_SELECT ${oscdata1}
PLS_CURRENT_SELECT_ENTRY 1
SLEEP 1000
PLS_CURRENT_LOAD_SELECTED
PLS_CURRENT_AUTOPLAY_ON
The problem happens when track are marked "as played" in which case they are being skipped.

I've found this setting which allows to change the behavior so that tracks are not marked "as played":
However that setting is not saved in the playlist. If I open Proppfrexx again is back to "Mark Played"
I also tried enabling "Mark Nothing in manual Playlists"
And when I created a new empty playlist it was correctly set as "Nothing" in the Playlist toolbar. However, after saving and opening the playlist again it was back to "Mark Played".

I also read in the documentation that it was possible to use the command

PLS_CURRENT_TOGGLE_MARKASPLAYED
but there is no PLS_CURRENT_MARKASPLAYED to be able to force it as part of the commands that I use to set a specific playlist.

I don't want to have to manually have to change this setting every time Proppfrexx is opened, specially because it has to work with 15 different playlists. Is there a way to permanently disable the "mark as played" feature or disable the skipping of played songs?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Permanently disable "Mark as played"

Post by radio42 »

All is correct what you say. Ie. the setting only applies to manually new playlist being created.

However, that setting (mark track as played) is needed whenever you want to AutoPlay a playlist - like you do in your above example. This is needed in ProppFrexx, on order to determine the next free player.

However, I’ll check to implement a PLS_CURRENT_MARKASPLAYED command as you requested.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

v4.4.2.0 is out. It adds a new PLS_CURRENT_TRACKPLAYEDMODE_SET control-command.
The parameter denotes the mode: 0=Nothing; 1=MarkAsPlayed, 2=RemoveWhenPlayed

I.e. in your case you might use:

PLS_CURRENT_TRACKPLAYEDMODE_SET 0
ketofm

Post by ketofm »

radio42 wrote: 04 Dec 2023 21:27 v4.4.2.0 is out. It adds a new PLS_CURRENT_TRACKPLAYEDMODE_SET control-command.
The parameter denotes the mode: 0=Nothing; 1=MarkAsPlayed, 2=RemoveWhenPlayed

I.e. in your case you might use:

PLS_CURRENT_TRACKPLAYEDMODE_SET 0

This is Cool

hoe do i use it? do you have screenshots?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

This is a new control-command. So you use it like any other (already existing) command.
This command behaves like the manual toggle button at the bottom of a playlist and toggles the mode of that playlist what to do once a track in that playlist is played.
For automatic generated playlist (via the scheduler) this mode is by default set to 'MarkAsPlayed'.
For manually created playlists this depends on the general settings (see above) and is set to either 'MarkAsPlayed' or 'Nothing'.
With this command you can toggle this mode.

In general, control-commands can be used in script, within all events, with external GPIO commands, as user commands etc.

So I don't get your question about a screenshot?!
If you have no specific use case, like the original requesting user, you probably don't need that command ;-)
ketofm

Post by ketofm »

Thank you so much

I do use GPIO commands for my Axia but still i'm not there yet
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Can you explain your exact use case, what you exact what to achieve?

As Benjamin once did your GPIO setup for your Axia console (and this seems to be working fine) - maybe he can be of help again?