RVT on new pc

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
warmeman
RVT on new pc

Post by warmeman »

I am configuring a new PC and transferring all settings (manually because I want to organize some things differently), but with RVT I get this error message, even though the URL, username and password are correct. There is nothing else on the PC that it works on. What am I doing wrong ?

warmeman
Re: RVT on new pc

Post by warmeman »

I see that the image is not visible. This is the error: Method not found: 'ProppFrexx.RemoteVTService.GetProgramSchedulerEntries(System.DateTime, System.DateTime, Syste.String)'
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Make sure the exact same version is running on both the client and the server.
Looks like these doesn’t match!
warmeman

Post by warmeman »

Okay, then this must be the problem. In the new version of proppfrexx I run into another problem. Media libraries can't write because they are folder based ?? I get the error message "The selected media library format doesn't supported saving (as this is a folder based playlist). This was not the case in the previous version. If I do recalculate all, so that all cue points are correct, those settings are not saved standing.. How do I solve that?

Edit:

I have just found a workaround: If I edit 1 track manual and then do recalculate all, I am asked to save after closing the window, and then it is actually saved.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

This was ALWAYS the case in ALL ProppFrexx versions since the very beginning ;-)
When you open a media library for editing and that library format can not be directly saved, you get exactly the warning you mentioned.
Still you can open such media library! - it is just a warning, that the SAVE button will not (obviously).

For folder based media libraries you must save the meta data to the audio file (as always); i.e. Save TAG data to file.
warmeman

Post by warmeman »

But if I do recalculate all, and all cue points are set, then these cue points are not saved the next time I start proppfrexx. I also don't get the question whether I want to save it, unless I first edit 1 track manual.
Or do I have to save each track separately? ( I hope not :) )
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Select all tracks in the playlist (CTRL+A) and then select 'TAG and MetaData' from the context menu and then select 'Save MetaData TAGs'.

This is btw always required to save the TAG data to the files (outside the TAG Editor), eg. when you select the Cue-Points etc.
Else those meta data is stored to the playlist ONLY. Hence the warning, if nothing can be saved to the playlist.