Setting Overlays

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
claudius06
Setting Overlays

Post by claudius06 »

Hello,
I am currently testing overlays with self-promotional spots and I would like to know if it is possible to achieve transitions without silence at the end (after the closer) ?
Furthermore, how do you determine the ACPD on Opener and Closer files?
Another question related to overlays: if I understood correctly by reading some posts on the forum, is it the most suitable way to launch TOTH?
Thank you for your help.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Setting Overlays

Post by radio42 »

There is typically never silence at the end of the close (assuming its cue-points are propperly set and there is no extra silence at the end of the closer itslef ;-) I.e. when the closer ends and as such the overlay ends, the regular program continues.
If there is no further program (which was either paused when the overlay was started; or there is no subsequent program following the overlay) you might need to define one in your program scheduler.

Yes, an overlay is one way to launch a TOTH.
Another very (more) simple way is to use a TOTH track as the first entry in a program script. I.e. when you start a program, that script starts and as sch the first script-line is executed - which might be your TOTH track. In that case set the LoopLine parameter to 2, so that (in case the script loops) that TOTH track/script-line is not executed again...
claudius06

Post by claudius06 »

Thanks for these answers.

About the overlays, the program does resume correctly at the end of the closer, but it seems like the system reads the file in its entirety before resuming the program. Also, the Opener file is read entirely before reading the promo file, which also causes a silence.
In fact, I have the impression that my cue points are ignored on the Opener and Closer files. How can I avoid this?

For the TOTH, I understood the two ways of doing it. I'll come back to this topic in another post because I have 2 or 3 questions.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Please send your opener and closer file to me.
I doubt, that cue-points are ignored. Maybe they are not saved to the audio file?!
claudius06

Post by claudius06 »

Thanks to your response, the issue is resolved. Indeed, I wanted to verify if the cue points were present in the files, and that was not the case. In fact, apparently, when defining cue points on the PFL player, one needs to click on the "Save MetaDataTag" button, whereas I mistakenly thought it was done automatically upon closing the player. The topic can be considered closed. Thanks again.