PF crashed

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Majesty
PF crashed

Post by Majesty »

Hello Bernd,
How are you today? I need your support quickly.

I was using PF in Salto Studio Amsterdam with my extern harddisk and it crashes every time.
I didn't have this issue before. But since I reorganized my harddisk, i'm getting this problem. But not with the PF version I have on my private laptop(latest PF version 3.0.11.30.)
Salto Amsterdam is still using the PF version 3.0.9.61. Can that be a problem? But I never had this problem before even with the old PF version. Is it my brandnew harddisk usb 3.0? Or maybe because I have reorganized my music by deleting some _synced_.pfp????

I'm confused!

Can't play music from my harddisk in PF. Opening playlist crashes PF. Loading audio files crashes PF.
Please advise...?

Thanks in advance,
Majesty

Below the error message:

********** Error/Exception Information **********
Error Message: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
Error Type: System.AccessViolationException
Error Source: System.Windows.Forms.IntPtr CallWindowProc(IntPtr, IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
********** System Stack Trace **********
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.CallWindowProc(IntPtr wndProc, IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DefWndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.DefWndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.MdiClient.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

********** End **********
radio42
Site Admin
Re: PF crashed

Post by radio42 »

So is the error message comming from a 3.0.9.61 version?
If yes, try upgrading to the latest v3.0.11.30.
Not sure what causes that error - but it seems, that some memory might get corrupted?!
So it might also be a RAM issue...or it might also be a harddisc failure...?
Majesty

Post by Majesty »

I think it must be my harddisk. I'd never experience such a thing. But after some cleaning up my harddisk a few weeks ago problems started. So I backup my music and format the drive.
Majesty

Post by Majesty »

I'm getting a short high CPU when I load my music in a player and while playing a cracking sound in the beginning. I have te newest versio of PF.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

What are your sound driver settings - mainly the buffer settings?
Sounds like your buffer settings are set too low for your machine!

E.g. when using WDM/DirectSound drivers the playback buffer can be controlled via the genral settings - see section 'Audio'.
When using WASAPI or ASIO the buffer settings might be directly controlled from within the Mixer Channel Configuration dialog resp. in the ASIO control pannel.
Try increasing these buffer settings.
Majesty

Post by Majesty »

Do you mean Buffer Offset? Mine is set on 4ms!
Or
Do you mean ASIO buffer Size? Mine is set on 512 samples!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Don't know where you control or define a 'Buffer Offset' - at least not within ProppFrexx I guess.
However, yes, I mean the ASIO buffer size.

If it is currently 512 samples, you might increase that to e.g. 1024 samples and see if that changes things.
Note, this might directly adjusted within the mixer channel configuration dialog!
I.e. if you specify there a buffer size of 0 - ProppFrexx will use the default buffer size as defined in the ASIO control panel - else it will use the given buffer size directly.
Majesty

Post by Majesty »

I've got it! Thanks! Increased the Asio Buffer Size to 1024 in Asio Driver Configuration>