Usb Registration Windows 8

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
andre
Usb Registration Windows 8

Post by andre »

Hello, Bernd i have a question,

Is it possible that usb registration doesn't work on windows 8 ?
A pop up window comes up and tell me that my ident number is changed.
With the same usb stick on the same computer with windows 7 on it there's no problem.

Andre.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Usb Registration Windows 8

Post by radio42 »

That reallydepends on the stick and what Win7 resp. Win8 will do with it.
So it is guaranteed on to work within the same OS version - but with different OS versions you really need to test this yourself with your USB-Stick.
I have seen very few sticks generating the same Ident-Number between Win7 and Win8 - and most generated a differnt one.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

That might indeed be the case.
Microsoft generates a unique ID for the USB-Sticks and it seems, that they unfortunately somehow change the way they generate this ID differently with different OS versions.
So in certain cases it might be the case, that different Windows versions generate different USB-IDs - as such the Ident-Number might change.
In these case a new ProppFrexx Registration-Key is needed - which I might of course provide as needed for any valid license.
centerlineDJ

Post by centerlineDJ »

Bernd,
A new question about register in W8 is if will work back in win7.
I bought a new laptop that runs win8 and of couse usb doesn't work. The main pc I use at home as well as some parties and discos, is running W7.
If I change the key, will work on both OS?
Thanks for answer.
centerlineDJ

Post by centerlineDJ »

If you need, I can buy another stick (please give me some good brands) and test between computers if it works. I'm using a Kensington C3 model with 8Gb capacity just to hold the PF key, but as I wrote, doesn't work on W8.
Thanks
Juan
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

As said this is actually never fully guaranteen between different OS versions due to Microsoft - so I can unfortunately not tell you any stick or combo which will be guaranteed to work.
In most cases it is unfortunately expected, that the ID changed between different OS versions.