AUTO SEND ON OVER THRESHOLD LEVEL

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
bizzul
AUTO SEND ON OVER THRESHOLD LEVEL

Post by bizzul »

Dear Bernd,

1. Is it possible to make AUTOSEND option based on the threshold level? suppose I need to make autosend if level input above -25dB.
I need this option to make auto live event. Or any another ideas how to make auto live event, meaning when the DJ from outside speak via input then, it voice comes direct to output.

2. How practically manage program which controlled by DJ within exact duration? If I stop the schedule then it might be over time for DJ's actions.

Thanks before,
radio42
Site Admin
Re: AUTO SEND ON OVER THRESHOLD LEVEL

Post by radio42 »

to 1:
Why would you need that? Couldn't you always route that mixer input to your mixer output?
I mean, if there is no effective auditable input signal ... that mixer input could be routed constantly to your output?
Meaning the SND-Function could be active all the time?!

Today, there is no such feature directly available, but before adding such I would need to understand it.
What do you mean by "...a DJ from outside speak via input..."?
- How is the 'outside DJ' connected? via Internet, via a standard line-in signal?
- Could the 'outside DJ' somehow trigger, that he is live? Does he have an internet connection?

However, you might theoretically today use the 'Silence Detection' feature - even tough this works in general for any mixer channel having that feature turned on, so if you just use that single mixer input channel it would work...
See here for details:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=90
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=690

E.g. use the global "Application.OnDetectNoise" resp. "Application.OnDetectSilence" event (see general settings, section 'Events/Commands') to trigger setting the SND-Function of your mixer input channel. The related control-command to use would be "MIXER_INPUT_SND2_ON <mixername>" resp. "MIXER_INPUT_SND2_OFF <mixername>".
Replace the <mixername> by the effective name of the mixer channel in question (e.g. "MIXER_INPUT_SND2_ON MIC1").

But as said, there is currently no such event available per individual mixer channel.

Also think of the following:
A DJ might speak at a volume just 'around' your threshold level (e.g. he might make short breaks while speaking). Thus the SND-Function might be constantly be activated and deactivated which might result in a choppy sound!
Thus I assume, it is a better idea to find a way for a remote DJ to trigger, that he is 'online' or 'offline'.
And keep the SND-Function active while he is 'online' for all the time.
As such I would need to understand how we might 'detect', that a DJ is 'online' or not and how we can then make a trigger towards ProppFrexx - e.g. via a web-site etc.

to 2:
I am not fully sure what you mean or what issue you are facing?
But note, that you can also plan so called 'Non-Scripting' programs.
The regular program scheduler allows you to define 'Non-Scripting' entries (just omit the 'Script' in the program editor and leave it empty to define such an entry).
These are programs which just don't execute any script and as such also do not open any new playlist window, but still close any open (other) playlists and will also execute their defined control-commands.
These entries might be use for live-feeds etc. where no actual scripting should be performed.
E.g. this allows you to 'plan' live hours for DJs...
bizzul

Post by bizzul »

Thanks for your quick response Bernd...

1. Sure We need the AUTOSEND option on the threshold level.
During live event from outside using STL (transmission link) sometimes signal is not strong enough or noisy signal, so I will make an sound bed, or some playlist running on studio to avoid silence condition. So very useful if we have autosend option on threshold level.

2. Yes, proppfrexx very strong on manage auto programs. but little bit confusing when DJ need control manually while an programmed playlist still running. Do we need to start/stop scheduler then open new playlist manually. For comparison http://www.radiodj.ro/category/features having simple switch to run automated or manually.

Thanks
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

to 1:
if you only need to control one mixer input channel and do not use the silence detection elsewhere - please try the silence detection solution as proposed above.

to 2:
ProppFrexx has the same (see the ribbon)...

AutoPlay: this single button is used to toggle the AutoPlay feature.
When turned OFF the current playlist doesn't automatically start playback of the next track.

Run Scheduler: this single button is used to start or stop the scheduler.
When turned OFF no next program is started automatically.

So depending on what you or your DJ really wants to do, he might only need to turn OFF AutoPlay - that's it.
He can then either continue to use the already (programmed/scheduled) current playlist ... or he might also open a new and empty playlist manually.

I am not sure what is confusing here?
bizzul

Post by bizzul »

Thanks for your suggestion,
I have tried to follow your advice, alternatively I will combined with AUTODUCK function,
I create program scheduler to play sound bed inside studio routed to PLAY
On program started:
MIXER_INPUT_ON_ON 1
MIXER_INPUT_VOLUME_SLIDE 1|1
MIXER_INPUT_SND2_ON 1
MIXER_INPUT_DUCK 1
MIXER_OUTPUT_DUCK PLAY

On program stopped:
I still have confusing,
1. If I want to slide down to about -35 dB how to convert dB level with float value between 0 and 1?.
2. How to switch AUTODUCK off?

Thanks
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

1: Convert dB to float:
floatLevel = Pow(10.0, dBValue / 20.0)

E.g. -35dB is 10^(-1.75) = 0.01778279410038922801225421195193:

2:
The "AutoDuck" feature can not be turned on/off by any control-command, but only by it's configuration.
But you can manually duck a mixer via MIXER_INPUT_DUCK resp. MIXER_OUTPUT_DUCK.
You can use the same command to unduck.
If the fader is at it's Maximum it is effectively ducked - else it is unducked.
Else you might use the MIXER_OUTPUT_VOLUME_SLIDE resp. MIXER_INPUT_VOLUME_SLIDE command.
bizzul

Post by bizzul »

Dear Bernd,
Why you give no command to choice autoduck turned on/off?
I have tried, but MIXER_INPUT_DUCK resp. MIXER_OUTPUT_DUCK look like no any effect.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Because I don't see any reason for it. It is an integral part of the mixer configuration.
However, it is implicitly turned on/off when you turn the mixer itself on/off.

Again, as asked in my previous Posts:
Why would you need that? Couldn't you always route the resp. input mixer input to your output mixer?
If there is no effective auditable input signal ... that mixer input could be routed constantly to your output?

Here the commands just work fine, so you probably do not use them correctly.
Please show me how you use them. Note, that you must give a valid mixername, eg. "MIXER_OUTPUT_DUCK Out1".
Also note, that this command is NOT related to the AutoDuck feature - it just slides the volume of the related mixer up/down.
Andreas Duswald

Post by Andreas Duswald »

Also bitte in deutsch ... irgendwie hat sich mit dem silence detection was geändert.

Ich habe am Channel der streamed den silence detector an, wenn nun jemand vergisst, den autoplay wieder rein zu machen, dann rennt der einfach nicht los und es bleibt still.

Wie kann ich sicher machen, das nach x sec stille, der ProppFrexx den autoplay wieder aktiviert? - Früher gab es dafür eine Maske, abe ride finde ich nicht mehr.

danke für Hilfe
Everything is possible ....
Andreas Duswald

Post by Andreas Duswald »

Thank you very much ... just could not find this mask - Now everything is working fine again. I seem to have lost the settings somewhere during the last updates.
Everything is possible ....