filter bug?

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
Farbo
filter bug?

Post by Farbo »

I was playing aroung little but with filters. But I am not convinced they work correctly. If for example I set to choose tracks from perspective library with play counter less than 1 (so tracks never played so far) I got result with tracks. But afterwards when I chose some tracks from that result to my playlist manually I could see their play counter is sometimes less than 1 and that is correct but often the perspective tracks did have play counter higher than 1 (some of them even 5, i.e. track was already played for 5 times). Thus I can not rely on PF and believe it will give correct results what regards filters.
Peter
radio42
Site Admin
Re: filter bug?

Post by radio42 »

Can you please show me your exact Filter-Expression you where using - as I cann't reproduce that here and I belive, that the Filter is working properly.
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

see attached. I wanted to use it for one line of my script which takes randomly tracks from 1 library.
Attachments
Play Counter is less than 1.zip
(455 Bytes) Downloaded 514 times
Peter
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

A zip for a simple "~[PlayCount] < 1" text?

However, how are you testing things, as here it works just fine:
- How are you validating the Play Counter?
- Are you using the Filter-Expression Builder?
- Are you using the expression in the Find Window?
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

- How are you validating the Play Counter?
Validating is done through test in Find Expression Builder (shouldn´t it be named filter expression builder?) directly in script library editor

- Are you using the Filter-Expression Builder?
yes

- Are you using the expression in the Find Window?
no, in script library editor and than I take one of those tracks into playlist but playcount shows it was played more than 1 time.
Peter
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Are you sure, that the resp. Media Library actually does contain tracks matching your filter?
If not, note that a script would use a track anyhow from within a script, if no track in that media library matches that filter!
You can test your filter by clicking on the 'Test' button in the expression builder dialog.
If that returns NO tracks, then this is the reason!
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

No Bernd. I did exactly what you say. I click on TEST. I got some tracks. And then I wanted to verify that these tracks do match my criteria so I did find few of them in Find window and dragged them into playlist but in playlist I see they have been played out more than once. ANd of course I did drag them from the exact same library I was trying to apply my criteria.
Peter
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Now I am confused!
Above you answered to my question: "Are you using the expression in the Find Window? no, in script library editor..."
But now you are saying yes?
What is coccect now?!

And again my question: How do you verify the 'Play Counter'?
- Is it displayed as the column?
- Or did you press ALT+2 (resp. selected 'Show Info...' from the playlist context menu)?
And what would be displayed, if you press ALT+2 (resp. selected 'Show Info...' from the playlist context menu)?
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

So once again step by step what I open, etc.:

1. script library editor
2. click on filter for one script line (which takes tracks from 1 library)
3. defining filter
4. click on TEST
5. get list of track matching criteria
6. I remember few tracks from results of TEST and close everything
7. I find some of the tracks through Find window
8. drag them into playlist
9. result: play counter (displayed as a coloumn) is not matching the criteria I was testing before.
Peter
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I guess I see what your problem is.
You are probably using a folder based media lib for which the TAG data was never properly read in (atleast for a few entries).
If that's the case for certain tracks, the entry statistic might be incorrectly evaluated in some cases.
Lets explain:
a) The entry statistics use the 'Trackname' of a media entry (which is composed out of the artist and title) to keep its statistics.
So the 'Trackname' is also used for the lookup of the entry stats
b) when you now use the filter expression on such tracks (for which the TAG data was never read in), the 'Trackname' might be different to when the TAG is read in.
c) But when you load the track to the playlist, at this point the TAG data is for sure being read in - as such the 'Trackname' might change after the TAG reading
d) as a result, the filter could not evaluate the statistics correctly before the TAG data was read in

To properly read in all your folder TAGs, perform a 'Rescan' on your media lib and wait til this is really finished.