filter bug?

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
Farbo
Re: filter bug?

Post by Farbo »

Bernd, I am using my folder based libraries for almost 2 years. Do you think TAGs are still not properly read in??

Btw, what is difference between reload and rescan?
Peter
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

OK. Is there a way of rescanning all libraries at one time or do I have to rescan each library individually?
Peter
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

In the Media Library dialog you can select multiple media libs and then click 'Rescan'.

You can monitor the process, when clicking on the 'Busy Indicator' at the bottom left of the main window (the red status icon), which should turn 'red' and back to 'gray' when finished.
The 'Entry TAG Reader' in the 'Worker Thread Status' dialog would indicate how many files are outstanding to be processed.
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

Thank you. Will try later on. Bernd, have a good vacation.
Peter
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes, indeed, that yould be the case.
E.g. when you initially added a folder based media library a rescan will be performed automatically in the background.
But if you cancelled that scanning (e.g. by terminating PF before that finished) not all TAGs might have been read in yet.

Reload: Just reloads the media lib, for folder based media libs, this means reloading the '_synced_.pfp'.
Which might be needed, if the media lib was changed outside of this ProppFrexx instance, e.g. by another ProppFrexx instance or by another process.

Rescan: Means a complete rescan of all files of that folder based media lib, which would also detect new or removed files and also includes (re)reading of all TAG data.
Which might e.g. be needed, if the folder structure or any files have been changed outside of this ProppFrexx instance - and as such the '_synced_.pfp' got out of sync.